St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Add the SCV somewhere near the top and you'll probably have your finals night top 12.  The placements might change a position or two though.

BK will be in there somewhere too, but probably not as high as I’d like, unfortunately.

Sheesh, I really don’t see what the judges are seeing with BD (or maybe why the judges don’t see what I’m seeing). Don’t get me wrong, BD is plenty good, but compared to Coats, there was so much dirt throughout the show and the hornline is way behind as well. That score is a real head scratcher to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Crown takes Percussion, Bluecoats take Brass, Blue Devils take Guard

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Interesting. So crown moved up compared to my impression and Coats were closer to BD than I pictured. Guess drums was that gap? Cavaliers seemed to underperform what I was thinking 

Crown cutting those sleeves off had to be worth at least half a point of visual credit. :bigsmile:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

Bluecoats have been outscoring Blue Devils pretty much all season. Proves that you can’t compare scores between shows.

And can we FINALLY bury the west coast inflation myth for good? (I know, I know...I won't hold my breath)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, mcjordansc said:

Happy to see Spirit back in the hunt for 12th. It has been a difficult last few years for them. It seems they are back on track. 

I’m glad to see Spirit return to entertaining shows. That stretch of southern shows they had going was getting stale with me.