St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

According to these scores if Cavies get clean they’ll get fourth and contend for bronze.  Really high ceiling.  Either way, they’re so exciting.  BD was so great tonight too. I can’t wait to get SCV in there to see how much of spread for 1st there will be.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

He does WGI finals every year.

Allan has been on many of the panels, prelims thru finals of the past 20+ years.  I’ve seen his acrobatic judging as he strives to “see” the “hear”.  He was band director at my Alma Mater and critiqued different WGI lines I’ve worked with.  A consummate professional.  Those armchair comments previously posted not withstanding I want to commend the judging community in general on an increasingly subjective art form.  Have a king of beer or 2 after tonight’s show. 

Edited by whitedj2002
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Lord help me.  Screaming high school girls every single time a catch is made.  

If only I’d gotten this kind of validation every time I played the right note. 

I’m trying to get use to the high pitched whiney screams when someone catches what they throw into the air. Aren’t you suppose to catch it? Yeaaaaaaa he caught it. Okay fine

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Btw it’s the first time Allan specifically and  many of the judges saw these shows field level.  Do you know the hours any field judge spends mapping a show?  To know when to be where isn’t a random walk on the field...  Jesus Christ, never mind!!

Edited by whitedj2002
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I’m trying to get use to the high pitched whiney screams when someone catches what they throw into the air. Aren’t you suppose to catch it? Yeaaaaaaa he caught it. Okay fine

Before this thread derails...we don't scream at our winter guard shows. We applaud and yell at highlights. If you scream, we all scream for ice cream. St. Louis is an important show for a wonderful guard and marching instructor that was born there who contributes to drum corps and winter guard to this day. It was a good show and I don't have Flo 'cause I'm foreign.

We're talking drum corps on this thread. It's summer. Winter guard is in the winter. Get with the program:)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, lindap said:

Before this thread derails...we don't scream at our winter guard shows. We applaud and yell at highlights. If you scream, we all scream for ice cream. St. Louis is an important show for a wonderful guard and marching instructor that was born there who contributes to drum corps and winter guard to this day. It was a good show and I don't have Flo 'cause I'm foreign.

We're talking drum corps on this thread. It's summer. Winter guard is in the winter. Get with the program:)

Um yeah we were at the show. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

Btw it’s the first time Allan specifically and  many of the judges saw these shows field level.  Do you know the hours any field judge spends mapping a show?  To know when to be where isn’t a random walk on the field...  Jesus Christ, never mind!!

I get it you’re a fan boy. You can stand at the stage door waiting for his autograph, I’ll pass. He’s no Prosperie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Um yeah we were at the show. 

Thanks.

edit not sure why italics? If I wasn't at the show, I'm assuming I have no opinion on what I've been able to see online for free?

Edited by lindap
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1