St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

8 hours ago, JAZZER said:

Sat directly in front of the DCI Box, and I turned and emphatically told Dan Acheson: Please come back next year! He said they would try.

after the attendance and the fact that this venue hosts a BOA Super Regional, I dont see why not. Its a great logistical location. The field surface is bad but the venue isnt as bad as Kroenke made it out to be. 

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Great show tonight.  If they have this again, I’ll return.  I wish there wasn’t so much up and down from people, especially during the shows.   It was exhausting to continue to have to get up two minutes into a show so you can return to your seat. I saw no one stopping people from entering up top.  Need to fix that.  

All-in-all, an enjoyable time here in St. Louis.  It was nice to see @DrumManTx and @BlueStarsDad again.  See ya in Indy.  

glad you had a great time, i hope they continue to have this regional in this building. It's not going anywhere until 2024 at the earliest

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony Flores said:

after the attendance and the fact that this venue hosts a BOA Super Regional, I dont see why not. Its a great logistical location. The field surface is bad but the venue isnt as bad as Kroenke made it out to be. 

The fan experience, I thought was excellent. I loved how we [club level] had easy access to everything: RR, food, leather couches in the concourse, and the big glass windows facing East where we could watch three corps hornlines simultaneously finish pre-show warm-ups. Literally a two minute trip down the escalators and across the street to get an earful.

17 hours ago, BRASSO said:

My guess..probably less than Crown's singer missing all her solos at Finals last season due to a Finals Night malfunction. Crown's scores if we recall went UP from the Semi's last season on Finals Night, despite the botched solos ( engineering malfunction ). So if solos in the show are botched, I don't see why a small tear in the brass line playing would be handled much differently in GE and in brass scores.. But of course... nobody really knows..

Re: the bolded: No they didn't.

Semifinals score 96.5875, Finals score 97.575 96.575 (typo corrected).

Music went from 29.2375 at semis to 29.175 at Finals.

Music GE went from 19.425 in Semis to 19.3 in Finals.

Want to try that again?

Edited by ftwdrummer
fixing typos
  • Like 1

Adding my pet peeve, in light of discussion about screaming. What is with the standing ivations after every show?  Not just DCI but every event where youth perform?  Its like the dreaded participation trophy!  I get that these kids wirk really hard. I reward them with spirited applause and financial support. But to stand for every show allows no demonstrable appreciation for the outstanding work and effort by a better corps. I only stand when a show really moves me or the overall presentation is at the top of the craft. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Adding my pet peeve, in light of discussion about screaming. What is with the standing ivations after every show?  Not just DCI but every event where youth perform?  Its like the dreaded participation trophy!  I get that these kids wirk really hard. I reward them with spirited applause and financial support. But to stand for every show allows no demonstrable appreciation for the outstanding work and effort by a better corps. I only stand when a show really moves me or the overall presentation is at the top of the craft. 

tommy-lee-jones-grumpy-old-man.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I may be with you on the screaming.

I will continue to stand & applaud after every performance.

I guess I can assess demonstrable appreciation for ALL work & effort. 

Try it 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

At the shows I've attended live this year it does seem as if there is more screaming when equipment is caught. I've also noticed something else that is driving me a bit bonkers. I saw a few cases where a guard member tossed a piece of equipment, did not catch it, does a mini fist pump and smiles as if the equipment was caught. 

last night I watched on Flow and during one of the corps before the last intermission  (corps shall remain unnamed)  anda brass member did a movement  (along with the other members) with his leg that happened 5 times.

The problem is 2 fold - all the other members did the same move 4 times, not 5; and of course - silly FLO decided to zoom in on this brass member the entire time.

So - first you could see him doing his "body movement" which was clearly wrong, THEN you see his facial expression say "oh ####, that rights it if four not five" and then he looks around as if "I don't think anyone noticed" and then his face went into a big satisfied grin as if "yes, I nailed it"

it was so funny...  :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAZZER said:

I may be with you on the screaming.

I will continue to stand & applaud after every performance.

I guess I can assess demonstrable appreciation for ALL work & effort. 

Try it 

I was sitting there marveling over how lovely Boston’s ballad was last night and over my shoulder was screaming so shriek that I visibly flinched.  Even turned around and gave them the stink eye. Didn’t care.  Kept screaming.