St Louis, MO - July 15, 2018

I’ll take shrieking teens and the random yells during a ballad over the 2001 “Melissa”  plane at finals.

21 hours ago, just_another_fanatic said:

Given that, wouldn't a weak percussion score hurt the music analysis score? How can Bluecoats be 6th in perc but 1st/2nd in Music Analysis? 

Could be as simple as the analysis judge loves what they are being asked to do. An analysis of content and its relationship to the entire music book. The performance judge is saying they are not yet achieving the highest performance levels. 

18 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

To me, if Devils can make the right adjustments they could easily win.  I can see Bluecoats and SCV winning too.  And I don't rule Crown out of the mix just yet. 

I'm with you on the first three, but respectfully disagree on Crown being in there for the win.

I haven't heard BD or SCV but the quality and quantity of the brass sound Crown puts out was better than Bluecoats the night we heard them back in June.  I loved Bloo's show and thought it was just a masterpiece of proper uniforms, show design and GE all over the place.

I know it was early and I know the championship STAFF knows how grab those last season points, but I feel like Bluecoats have a championship show, and Crown doesn't.  Both have incredible talent marching on the field worthy of a championship, no question about that.

I love Crown and I hope they (and you) prove me wrong!

19 hours ago, kdaddy said:
20 hours ago, George Dixon said:

that's not what we are talking about - we are talking about screaming at the top of your lungs for EVERY catch the entire 9 hour show

I hear you, man. I guess my point is: of all the things to get ruffled feathers about, this should be way down the list. 

You're not listening.  It DOES matter because it RUINS the show for those sitting around them.

I wasn't there and if some experienced drum corps fans are telling us the shrieking by some high school girl(s) was excessive, I believe them.

There is an etiquette which should be observed for EVERYBODY to enjoy a drum corps show.  CONSTANT shrieking for NINE HOURS is way over the top.

19 hours ago, One n Done said:

Maybe DCI could put out a light-hearted/comedic video about fan behavior.  Show it prior to the show and at intermission as well.  Perhaps also a written guide to fan behavior in programs.  It IS an educational activity, which means teaching audience etiquette as well.

I agree with this. ^^^

DCI already teaches audience etiquette in the form of an announcement before every corps show:  "No walking up and down the steps during corps performances, please silence your phone, and no audio or video recording is permitted."

And the shrieking girls is specific to HS girls IMO.  I've never heard boys shriek, and I've never heard adults shriek in the 40 years I've been attending DCI shows.

Edited by wvu80