Flo Music Satisfaction

How many of you have signed up for the latest incarnation?

Are you satisfied or not?

What's the cost? (You have to sign up and register before they'll even give you pricing information)    

It's $49.99 for a month, or $12.99 a month (I think...) if you subscribe for a year.

I just signed up today to watch DATR, and paid for the month, which will take me through finals.

I found the sound and video quality to be quite fantastic. However, be aware that the quality of the audio and visual will be dependant on your own equipment, especially your internet connection. That said, I'm streaming on ADSL all the way in Australia, and I had no hiccups in my stream. I was even texting real-time with my brother and sister who were actually at the show, and everything was synced pretty closely. So if your connection is reasonably fast, you should have decent results.

I find streaming to a desktop, with audio fed through a dac and amp, to be quite a good setup. For DATR, I could hear incredible detail, with plenty of volume and hardly any noticeable compression.

DATR does use the stadium's in-house media crew, so results at other Flo shows may be different. Finals week shows should be pretty high quality.

I'd say it's worth the money.

• Like 1

my video and sound equipment are good. i watch on a hard-wired connection on a my PC monitor with very good internet.  i consistently stream 4K content from amazon and netflix. 

for flo, sound is awful most of the time.  either they hire their wrestling sound people to mic up dci events, or they pay 3rd rate local contractors who have never mic'd a pageantry event ever. 

it's usually pretty good for finals week, though. 

sadly, they've got us. period.  we have no other alternative as dci fans if we want to see shows. 

i waited until i only had to pay for 1 month, and will cancel immediately after finals. 

Streamed last night on chrome on beach town WiFi and Denver was perfect 

Stream worked great last night. Sound was good no complaints. Have the field mics been pushed back a little so the corps speaker placement reach them better looks that way from home? The sound being pumped through the corps speakers then reach up to the field mics travel some distance and vary with the corps. This must be challenging for FLO when rock bands do this the mics are 2 inches from the speaker or placed inside a bass drum. Good job pulling this off.

I've been very happy with the quality and performance this year. Significant improvement over last year for me with no change in equipment and they are going way above and beyond expectations in terms of wrap-around media. They clearly meant it when they said they wanted to learn marching music intimately. I think there is great potential here.

As mentioned in the DATR thread, other than a video/audio sync issue which was corrected by restarting the browser, everything streamed great. Not a single dropout or freeze. 

The great Stetson D Richmond and Ken De Bold had it down FLO just needs to listen to some of there recordings. Spent many hours in Stetson's basement helping him cut records from his open reel recordings. Wonder where his tapes are now, the records may not have held up so well since they were not commercial grade record cutters but never suffered from quality issues and I hope someone preserved the tapes. Stetson was an inspiration and was the reason I choose the career I did that led to 24 IPTV patents working for AT&T.

Compared to the horror show I had for about the whole final month last year, last nights first viewing this year was very good.  Only minor wish would be for a crisper picture.  Clicked on 720, but it was still slightly fuzzy.