Flo Music Satisfaction

A monthly subscription to Flo marching gets you access to Flo marching events, to be paid on a month by month basis. You can cancel at any time. $49.99/ month.

A yearly subscription to Flo marching gets you a full year across the whole Flo universe, and it is paid in one lump sum. You can cancel for a partial, prorated, refund. But I don't think you end up saving anything versus what you would have paid if you had gone monthly in the first place.

I forget what I paid for the yearly subscription. Something on the order of $120-140. I'll use it for their wrestling coverage, and my wife likes the singing competitions. Well worth the value for me.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Well worth the value for me.

Me too, great value. The pricing over at BOX 5 for 3 days of DCA coverage @92 bucks is outrages compared to months and months and months of shows on FLO - dci, BOA, WGI  along with all the other channels.

11 hours ago, shofmon88 said:

It's $49.99 for a month, or $12.99 a month (I think...) if you subscribe for a year.

I just signed up today to watch DATR, and paid for the month, which will take me through finals.

I found the sound and video quality to be quite fantastic. However, be aware that the quality of the audio and visual will be dependant on your own equipment, especially your internet connection. That said, I'm streaming on ADSL all the way in Australia, and I had no hiccups in my stream. I was even texting real-time with my brother and sister who were actually at the show, and everything was synced pretty closely. So if your connection is reasonably fast, you should have decent results.

I find streaming to a desktop, with audio fed through a dac and amp, to be quite a good setup. For DATR, I could hear incredible detail, with plenty of volume and hardly any noticeable compression.

DATR does use the stadium's in-house media crew, so results at other Flo shows may be different. Finals week shows should be pretty high quality.

I'd say it's worth the money.

Same.  Some good shows for one month and then end the subscription.

Overall, the quality is better than last year but I'd like to see the coverage of soli and features improve - if possible.  

2 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

A monthly subscription to Flo marching gets you access to Flo marching events, to be paid on a month by month basis. You can cancel at any time. $49.99/ month.

A yearly subscription to Flo marching gets you a full year across the whole Flo universe, and it is paid in one lump sum. You can cancel for a partial, prorated, refund. But I don't think you end up saving anything versus what you would have paid if you had gone monthly in the first place.

I forget what I paid for the yearly subscription. Something on the order of $120-140. I'll use it for their wrestling coverage, and my wife likes the singing competitions. Well worth the value for me.

Thank you. Exactly the info I was looking for.

Much appreciated!!!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Me too, great value. The pricing over at BOX 5 for 3 days of DCA coverage @92 bucks is outrages compared to months and months and months of shows on FLO - dci, BOA, WGI  along with all the other channels.

Can’t remember who had the DCA coverage before or the exact price but think the price this year isn’t bad compared to before. Other than Prelims and finals the alumni show was only done once or twice. And never the Friday night activies.

Edit just checked the site and it’s 39 for Prelims/alumni, 39 for finals and a line about mini corps but no idea how they fit in. And 14 for Peckville show. Lol will get Prelims/alumni and wait to see if I want finals. 

Lol forgot my 12 month account was still good as last used it for West Chester University band show in fall. Just looked on tablet and not bad. Now if I can set the tablet for only horn and perc sound as that's what I enjoy.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 hours ago, Bluzes said:

The great Stetson D Richmond and Ken De Bold had it down FLO just needs to listen to some of there recordings. Spent many hours in Stetson's basement helping him cut records from his open reel recordings. Wonder where his tapes are now, the records may not have held up so well since they were not commercial grade record cutters but never suffered from quality issues and I hope someone preserved the tapes. 

Check DCWs cd sale pages. Thought they got the rights to those recordings but need the money to restore everything. Last I saw they cleaned up and are selling what they think will generate more bucks so they can have the money for more restorations. Bought some very early 50s shows and great job cleaning up imo

We subscribed for the year because we also watch BOA and WGI. It just auto-renewed for me at $150. The whole $150 up front. But that's fine with me. I haven't had any issues except back when Flo first started, so we're happy with it. I share the subscription with a sports nut, so he uses it the rest of the time for stuff I'm not interested in, so it's well worth the money for the two of us.

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Check DCWs cd sale pages. Thought they got the rights to those recordings but need the money to restore everything. Last I saw they cleaned up and are selling what they think will generate more bucks so they can have the money for more restorations. Bought some very early 50s shows and great job cleaning up imo

Thanks will look into that.