12th place Corps ?

10 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Great topic, though. Definitely got my interest. Been too quiet around here..

Their is still a lot of jockeying going on, tonight scores and placements will be interesting.

This Thursday's Denton show will be the first time Crossmen and Academy match up this season. I think whoever wins that battle will have the best chance of making it to Saturday night (but I won't count out whoever loses).

In general, the Crossmen have better performers, but a weaker show compared to those around them. The Academy doesn't get quite the quality of performers that the Crossmen get (mainly due to location), but they have a stronger show. Right now I give the edge to the Crossmen, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Academy edge them out by season's end. Like I said, Denton (and also San Antonio) will give a clearer picture of where these two corps are.

I'm not counting out Spirit either, but they need to clean like crazy in order to have a chance.

• Like 1

Right now, if I had to guess, I'd say Crossmen, Academy, and Spirit of Atlanta would be the 3 Corps competing for that last finals spot in Finals this year.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Then, maybe there's a 12-17 group, but I don't even see that. Crossmen are more than 2 points over Madison and Colts. Different group all together. The only threat to Crossmen missing finals, IMO, are Academy (who has a real chance) and Spirit (who has an outside chance), so a 12-14 group.

Madison, Colts and Troopers are out, in my opinion, with little to no chance of getting in.

I 100% agree with this. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

How many corps make the theater broadcast? That will be an interesting battle in Allentown. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega said:

I agree! Better than being crybabies and thinking that one has to defend a corps.

Exactly. I'm the biggest Madison fan, but realistic. The chances of them making finals are basically none. It is what it is. I try to leave by biases aside and evaluate scores from previous seasons. You just don't close a 3 point gap in 4 weeks today. It's almost impossible to close a 1 point gap in 4 weeks at this point in the season. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Stay far away from the Madison thread if they are not one of them. 

I've stayed far away since late last month.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown