12th place Corps ?

On 7/15/2018 at 9:53 AM, onionhead said:

I for one, hopes it gets tighter at San Antonio.

3.83 weighted after St.Louis, not all corps present, 10th-17th

On 7/15/2018 at 10:51 AM, wesleyrp said:

My guess is:

10) Mandarins

11) Blue Stars

12) Crossmen

13) Academy- Close, just misses

Bur would I be surprised to see: 

10) Blue Stars

11) Mandarins

12) Academy

13) Crossmen

Not one bit would this surprise me... to me out of this group of corps all have strengths and weaknesses but Academy has the most cohesive product between the Crossmen and them. BStars and Mandarins have a step up in design from Crossmen and BStars.

Gonna be way interesting!!

So which one is better :tongue: 

• Haha 1

I just hope for uncertainty entering semi finals. I would love to see 11,12, 13, and 14 flip around Thursday to Friday. I personally believe the top eleven are pretty solid. Crossmen, Academy, Spirit, Madison, and the Colts can duke it out for 12th. Heck, throw the Troopers in the fight as well. 

Spirit, Troopers, Madison Scouts and Academy all at one show tonight, Mandarins and Blue Stars at another.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:47 AM, onionhead said:

Less than 3 1/2 points weighted separate 10th-17th, who has the legs to get them to finals ?

It depends who you are putting in 10-17. I don't really see a 10-17. I see a:

8-11: Blue Stars, Regiment, Blue Knights, Mandarins. 

+ Blue Stars have passed Crossmen and were 2.725 points ahead last night. That race is done. Blue Stars will stay ahead. That is a gargantuan gap today, and it's quite rare where we see one corps pass another up, build a big lead, and then fall behind again. Blue Stars and Crossmen are definitely not in the same grouping any longer.

+ Blue Knights haven't gone head-to-head with anyone from this group yet, but they are 7 down from SCV and Blue Stars are 7 down from BD, so that tells me BK is right in this group.

+ Regiment, in my opinion can finish any where between 8th and 11th. It's going to be interesting to watch where they end up.

+ Mandarins are the darlings of DCI and have a show with more legs then Crossmen. Unlikely to finish lower than 11th, but I think they can finish higher, possibly knocking Regiment to 11th. Mandarins are nearly two points ahead of Crossmen, three points ahead of Spriit, and 4+ ahead of Madison and the Colts - none of them are a threat to Mandarins any longer.

*** None of the corps below this group are a threat to anyone in the above group. 

Then, maybe there's a 12-17 group, but I don't even see that. Crossmen are more than 2 points over Madison and Colts. Different group all together. The only threat to Crossmen missing finals, IMO, are Academy (who has a real chance) and Spirit (who has an outside chance), so a 12-14 group.

Madison, Colts and Troopers are out, in my opinion, with little to no chance of getting in. 

A lot has already been decided and more will be decided in SA. Once everyone gets placed at SA there will be very little change to and through finals.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It depends who you are putting in 10-17. I don't really see a 10-17. I see a:

8-11: Blue Stars, Regiment, Blue Knights, Mandarins. 

+ Blue Stars have passed Crossmen and were 2.725 points ahead last night. That race is done. Blue Stars will stay ahead. That is a gargantuan gap today, and it's quite rare where we see one corps pass another up, build a big lead, and then fall behind again. Blue Stars and Crossmen are definitely not in the same grouping any longer.

+ Blue Knights haven't gone head-to-head with anyone from this group yet, but they are 7 down from SCV and Blue Stars are 7 down from BD, so that tells me BK is right in this group.

+ Regiment, in my opinion can finish any where between 8th and 11th. It's going to be interesting to watch where they end up.

+ Mandarins are the darlings of DCI and have a show with more legs then Crossmen. Unlikely to finish lower than 11th, but I think they can finish higher, possibly knocking Regiment to 11th. Mandarins are nearly two points ahead of Crossmen, three points ahead of Spriit, and 4+ ahead of Madison and the Colts - none of them are a threat to Mandarins any longer.

*** None of the corps below this group are a threat to this group. 

Then, maybe there's a 12-17 group, but I don't even see that. Crossmen are more than 2 points over Madison and Colts. Different group all together. The only threat to Crossmen missing finals, IMO, are Academy (who has a real chance) and Spirit (who has an outside chance), so a 12-14 group.

Madison, Colts and Troopers are out, in my opinion, with little to no chance of getting in. 

A lot has already been decided and more will be decided in SA. Once everyone gets placed at SA there will be very little change to and through finals.

Well let’s just call the season over and get ready for football.

1 minute ago, onionhead said:

Well let’s just call the season over and get ready for football.

Don't know how you got that out of it. Lots of interesting races. Thread asked for opinions, I gave mine. 3.83 is a massive gap and it is insurmountable at this time in the season, in today's DCI. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Great topic, though. Definitely got my interest. Been too quiet around here..

I agree! Better than being crybabies and thinking that one has to defend a corps.