Could Crusader's win the Gold Medal?

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

The show is relatively thin, from a content standpoint, and bluntly, isn't that much fun to watch (personal opinion, of course). They'll be fighting with Crown/Cavaliers for the respectable 4th spot, which is still quite a feat.

I think more folks will agree with elements of the post above as the top 6 go head to head in the coming weeks.  Content is not top 3, musically.  Concept is not deep, nor terribly compelling.  Having seen it once, I don’t have a burning need to again.  YMMV.  However, the concept is obvious and story handled well and clearly.  Content is appropriate for this group and achievement is strong.  It is a smart, pleasing vehicle that continues to demonstrate competence and keeps the Crusaders on their upward trajectory.  Though probably not a winner this year, It’s in sight if this group keeps doing what they have the past two years. IMO competition for 4-6 this year is every bit as interesting as that for 1-3. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

The marching members would find life on a deserted far more suitable than dealing with that crowd. :rolleyes:

The mm wouldn't have to worry.  But, Chris H., Mike W., and Jim C. might have to watch their 6's.

Well attitudes didn't change much in the early 90's were I was the Engineering Director for Cablevision of Boston, told sales director watch who he sends into Southie of course he had to learn from experience when one of his sales force got an ax through his windshield. On a lighter note my son waited till I moved on to Southern Connecticut when he decided to join the Crusaders (94) would leave work early on Friday to get him to practice at some factory parking lot in back of South Station only to find some cars still in the lot and the corps marching around them. Would think I left early for this?

14 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Well attitudes didn't change much in the early 90's were I was the Engineering Director for Cablevision of Boston, told sales director watch who he sends into Southie of course he had to learn from experience when one of his sales force got an ax through his windshield. On a lighter note my son waited till I moved on to Southern Connecticut when he decided to join the Crusaders (94) would leave work early on Friday to get him to practice at some factory parking lot in back of South Station only to find some cars still in the lot and the corps marching around them. Would think I left early for this?

Usually the wake up call that is credited for beginning the changes in Boston is the death of Carol DiMaiti in 1989. She was killed by her husband Charles Stewart who tried to pin the blame on an African American. Stewart jumped off the Tobin Bridge in January, 1990 when his guilt was discovered.

If it happens, that will be the end of Brucker8's theory of Competitive Inertia.

• Like 1

Also it's Crusaders not Crusader's.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The show is relatively thin, from a content standpoint

I respect your opinion but don't think the corps you mention agree with you. Go on another top corps thread and folks are talking up Boston's show so much you would think they are in the running to win come Indy would like to see them medal. Lots of talk about what Boston can do with their SOS platform I wouldn't be too overconfident. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The show is relatively thin, from a content standpoint, and bluntly, isn't that much fun to watch (personal opinion, of course). They'll be fighting with Crown/Cavaliers for the respectable 4th spot, which is still quite a feat.

Jibberish !!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Bsader said:

Could the Crusader's win the Gold Medal by simulating the effect of having been rescued from their island by not showing up for the finals, claim it as a performance, and score the first perfect score in the history of D.C.I.? 

Get Tony DiCarlo to sign off on it, and you might be onto something there,  Bsader.. ( ...haha )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 1