Could Crusader's win the Gold Medal?

Could the Crusader's win the Gold Medal by simulating the effect of having been rescued from their island by not showing up for the finals, claim it as a performance, and score the first perfect score in the history of D.C.I.? 

Edited by Bsader
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Yea maybe they all get in a replica of the USS Minnow and float around the concourse with the judges being dragged along in life preservers or on waterskies during their field show.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bsader said:

Could the Crusader's win the Gold Medal by simulating the effect of having been rescued from their island by not showing up for the finals, claim it as a performance, and score the first perfect score in the history of D.C.I.? 

I wish that had happened to the last two seasons of “Lost”. But I look forward to seeing BAC in San Antonio, Atlanta, and Indy! :smile:

Well, it would be the most controversial thing to happen in drum corps since Star of Indiana left competition. 

I have no idea of what judges would think, but if BAC did not show up for finals, they’d have to answer to all those involved with rebuilding the corps, all the alums who have stood by the corps through thick and thin, all the donors big and small, all the former rivals from corps of happy memory who are no longer are competitors who have switched allegiances to Boston Crusaders. These folks are from places such as Southie, Dorchester, Charlestown, Chelsea, and Revere when these places were legendary for being Southie, Dorchester, Charlestown, Chelsea, and Revere. The marching members would find life on a deserted far more suitable than dealing with that crowd. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Yep tell me about Charlestown so tolerant back in the 60's that people of color were left on the bus for parades or we would get bottles thrown at us, always wondered why Phil Ochs singled out the south in his lyrics so much? Sorry for the rant but this still bothers me today.

• Like 1

The show is relatively thin, from a content standpoint, and bluntly, isn't that much fun to watch (personal opinion, of course). They'll be fighting with Crown/Cavaliers for the respectable 4th spot, which is still quite a feat.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

The show is relatively thin, from a content standpoint, and bluntly, isn't that much fun to watch (personal opinion, of course). They'll be fighting with Crown/Cavaliers for the respectable 4th spot, which is still quite a feat.

Lol did you bother to read the first post. It's a joke (or atleast I hope it is...)

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Lol did you bother to read the first post. It's a joke (or atleast I hope it is...)

Thank You. I just think using emojis takes all the fun out of being a wise ###.

1 hour ago, Bsader said:

Thank You. I just think using emojis takes all the fun out of being a wise ###.

Related image

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Yep tell me about Charlestown so tolerant back in the 60's that people of color were left on the bus for parades or we would get bottles thrown at us, always wondered why Phil Ochs singled out the south in his lyrics so much? Sorry for the rant but this still bothers me today.

I think every drum corps, drill team and CYO band in the Boston area has stories about the Bunker Hill Day parade (Charlestown) and the St. Patrick’s Day Parade (South Boston) during the heated years, and they are not pretty. Groups that were racially diverse had far worse stories. Some of that carried into drum corps, and in my comment, I was referring to the old time drum corps rivalries and am not excusing what happened to your corps.

Why the focus on the South when Northeast cities such as Boston, Philadelphia, New York, or Newark had such blatant examples of racial violence? My theory, in the South the laws were on the books that allowed segregation, in the Northeast it involved attitudes. It’s a lot easier to change laws than attitudes.