Olathe, KS - July 16, 2018

17 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Going to show tonight with my son (94 Boston Alum) was just at Grain Valley HS watching the Blue Stars, some of their volunteers were doing real carpentry work on the props, nice.

Who’s your son? I marched BAC 94! 

8 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

the guard bus bumped into the brass bus

at this point in the season the guard and brass shouldn't be bumping into each other. :)

Glad everyone is okay.

He march with his cousin don't want to use last names. Doug was a sop and Mike was a bari

Great show in Olathe only comment is Boston sitting low in a small HS stadium the majority of the crowd  looses out on some visual (SOS, HELP, LOST & Found). Didn't hear the roars from the upper decks like we will in LOS.  I know we all know this but I wonder if the judges are loosing out as well affecting their score?  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

That was on another thread. As I heard, the whole caravan had to stop quickly and the guard bus bumped into the brass bus. I didn't hear of any serious injuries, but of course a lot of folks were shaken up. I think BK helped out with transportation. 

It was BK?  I knew one of the corps helped, didn't know which one.  

3 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

It was BK?  I knew one of the corps helped, didn't know which one.  

Just what I heard. Can't confirm. 

I did sit on the top row (30) last night.  It was nice to be able to see most of the drill.  I think you would see a lot more in a higher stadium.

I want to give a shout-out to all of the corps staff last night when they came into the stands.  Many of them ended up around me.  Not at any time did they talk or were obnoxious during their corps' performance.  I was really proud of their behavior - very professional!  

• Like 3

Just one more comment on Olathe I knew I was going to love The Mandarins but seeing this live is unbelievable. Their visual comes across so good that the size of the venue doesn't madder that is so critical for other shows.  It's an unjudged affect such that The Mandarins are brining it to the crowd every night and giving every fans their money's worth wherever they perform while other corps only appeal to larger venues. Good job Mandarins looks like a bunch of bats waiting to reek havoc flying through the audience at the start then the havoc you generate on the field makes me glad you can't fly around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1