DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

14 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

What about the year pioneer has bus issues and went last. 

Totally forgot about that, I was just going off of the schedules I could find on the DCI website. 

Edit* looks like Pio went on last in 2015, or was at least penalized for being late that year. 

Edited by rancidrolla

I'll join in...what about that awful draw for the Mandarins? I feel like they are competing upward, i.e. for 9th or 8th place instead of fending off their current placement,  and getting the 12th spot was unfortunate. Being after the break is not ideal for a corps that's vying for 9th and above, but at least being the last performance before intermission may leave a bit more of an impression. Not sure how much the placement within in a group of 3 really matters, but I think their draw was as unfortunate as any. 

51 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

I'll join in...what about that awful draw for the Mandarins? I feel like they are competing upward, i.e. for 9th or 8th place instead of fending off their current placement,  and getting the 12th spot was unfortunate. Being after the break is not ideal for a corps that's vying for 9th and above, but at least being the last performance before intermission may leave a bit more of an impression. Not sure how much the placement within in a group of 3 really matters, but I think their draw was as unfortunate as any. 

They've pretty much had crappy draws most of the season so far, oftentimes performing first in their block. Now that post-San Antonio shows will have performance order based on San Antonio finishes, let's see if their luck changes in that regard.

15 hours ago, rancidrolla said:

Totally forgot about that, I was just going off of the schedules I could find on the DCI website. 

Edit* looks like Pio went on last in 2015, or was at least penalized for being late that year. 

Yep it was 2015, my rookout season. What a memorable night!

• Like 1

Judging Panel for SW Champs (found these on fromthepressbox2) 

•  Ge1 J. Howell
  •  Ge1 K. Miller
  •  Ge2 J. Bell
  •  Ge2 C. Rothe
  •  Vp J. Orefice
  •  Va M. Anderson
  •  Cg R. Solomon
  •  Br S. Page
  •  Ma J. Kennedy
  •  Ma J. Davila
  •  Perc J. Ausdemore
Edited by karuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Judging Panel for SW Champs (found these on fromthepressbox2) 

•  Ge1 J. Howell
  •  Ge1 K. Miller
  •  Ge2 J. Bell
  •  Ge2 C. Rothe
  •  Vp J. Orefice
  •  Va M. Anderson
  •  Cg R. Solomon
  •  Br S. Page
  •  Ma J. Kennedy
  •  Ma J. Davila
  •  Perc J. Ausdemore

That's a brutal panel! 

Anybody know where SCV is staying in San Antonio?