DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

Terri, thank you very much ! Perhaps I will be able to see you and Jim next year in San Ant.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Mandarins slot is not ideal.  Blue Stars on the other hand, must have someone that "helps" with the draws because they are performing much later than they should be.

With competition so close, I feel like performance order matters.   

It is awesome to know that no matter when they perform, the Mandarins are going to bring it - I think San Antonio will LOVE their show!   The corps knows this summer is special and are working their tails off to make the show even better.   I don't think it will be ready by SA yet, but be prepared for something really cool that will be added to the show!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Yeah, the Mandarins slot is not ideal.  Blue Stars on the other hand, must have someone that "helps" with the draws because they are performing much later than they should be.

With competition so close, I feel like performance order matters.   

It is awesome to know that no matter when they perform, the Mandarins are going to bring it - I think San Antonio will LOVE their show!   The corps knows this summer is special and are working their tails off to make the show even better.   I don't think it will be ready by SA yet, but be prepared for something really cool that will be added to the show!  

Why are BS ‘performing much later than they should be’?  They earned that slot. Yes they are fortunate to get the best draw out of their grouping but hopefully they will prove (to you) they deserve to be in that position!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

Why are BS ‘performing much later than they should be’?  They earned that slot. Yes they are fortunate to get the best draw out of their grouping but hopefully they will prove (to you) they deserve to be in that position!!

Performance order isn’t what it used to be.  TOC’s are evidence of that.  Also, 1/8’s in the captions have helped minimize the impact rouge scoring. 

• Like 1

All this talk of bad draws is silly. The judges are fully capable a placing a corps correctly regardless of the draw. Most corps will be performing amongst their peers. In 2015, at San Antonio, Madison beat 6 corps that performed after them, and pretty solidly at that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

All this talk of bad draws is silly. The judges are fully capable a placing a corps correctly regardless of the draw. Most corps will be performing amongst their peers. In 2015, at San Antonio, Madison beat 6 corps that performed after them, and pretty solidly at that.

This.

The draw groups are *3* per group.  That's basically nothing.  Nobody is judging a corps and then completely forgetting them 2 corps later.

Get back to me when draw groups expand to 7-8 per group.  Then we can talk about bad draws.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Blue Stars on the other hand, must have someone that "helps" with the draws because they are performing much later than they should be.

No, they are not performing much later than they should be. They drew in the 7-9 group which is exactly where they are right now. The draw went in their favor within that group, that's all. They are performing in the exact spot they should be.

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

So performance order doesn’t matter?  Interesting.  

10 minutes ago, karuna said:

So performance order doesn’t matter?  Interesting.  

Not in this show it doesn't. Not at ALL at a show like this. Not at all when you are performing amongst your peers. All of you who are getting worked up about performance order are being silly. It's been proven that this has no impact on results. Not at big shows like this were eveyrone is performing.

I have little doubt Mandarins and Blue Knights are going to beat Academy, even though Acadmeny is performing after them.

I have little doubt BK is going to beat Regiment, even though BK performs an hour before them.

I have zero doubt Cadets are going to beat Blue Stars, even though they perform before them.

I have zero doubt Colts are going to beat Pacific Crest, even though they perform before them.

I have little doubt Madison and Spirit are going to beat Troopers even though they perform before them.

I have zero doubt that if Mandarins deserve to beat Regiment they will, even though Regiment peforms 90 minutes after them.

These judges are professionals. They know what they are doing. There may be a surprise or two above, but if Regiment beats BK I'm not going to blame it on performance order. It will be because Regiment is better. It's that simple.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Thanks 1