DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

15 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

If I remember correctly the cadet and crown in that order were pretty close though I do still think the competition is more fierce. I dont see bloo getting 5th and I dont see BD getting 3rd unless its to the hands of SCV and Bloo and thats if Bloo sorts out its percussion issues.

I still think this year will be the best time for that record to be broken.

btw that dance break is one of a kind. I don't know how I feel about it yet but I said the same thing about blood singer.

posted from the DrumScorps app

True, however BD was still first in every single large caption (GE, Visual, and Music) in 2014 while SCV is not. The numbers will fix themselves, I am very confident SCV won’t break 99 this year. 

By Atlanta, BD’s lead in GE alone was by almost a full point. If SCV approaches that level of dominance by Atlanta, I’ll start believing 

46 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

SCV has much fiercer competition this year than BD did in 2014 in my opinion. Because of that, I don’t see SCV breaking BD’s record this year 

I would agree with this, but by the time finals approaches I think BD will be the only corps giving them fierce competition. If Bluecoats get 4th or lower in percussion and guard during the final week, that will take them out of contention for top 2 right there. I doubt both BD and SCV will finish lower than 3rd in a single subcaption come championships.

I think 99 is a stretch for anyone and I believe the judges learned a numbers management lesson in 2014.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

Lightly packed and ready to travel tomorrow!! Excited for my 4th SA trip! 6 Indy  pilgrimages, and 2 for BOA.  Will do BOA again but (never say never) ‘18 is my last Indy DCI. I said that  in ‘16 (...we shall see). BOA is a quick in and out Pre-Thanksgiving treat!  The snow was a novelty that this Cali guy enjoyed and we don’t do band “indoors” in California. Sorry I’m State  Fair, bbq and Speedway’d out! I seek out housing/practice sites and thoroughly enjoy watching the home stretch process. 4 kids from our program, 3 with BD!    Rotate Finals again! Love making a vacation week culminating in Finals.  My first finals in 1986, with a return years later because it’s Madison...loved I&E’s  here! So green and a lake in town?!? Kansas City, the stadium on the hill I couldn’t find. No GPS! Buffalo “oops I did it again!” Who goes to Buffalo twice! ME!!   Phantom of the Opera was the highlight of my DCI travels!  Red eye flight, ahh to be young again!  Real Buffalo wings at a dive bar and the falls... Foxboro- Stadium tour and Beantown was Magic!!  3 trips to Orlando and MaGiC!!! Expensive but Disney! Miss “Spirit of Disney”- is Citrus Bowl still standing?  “New York, New York” memories from College Park 2000...Pasadena- in my backyard and soooo California Classic!!  2000’s Memories Traveling with 6 other “fan”astic folks...and my hype... years of wearing every finalist performers shirts  as they performed. (They still fit)! Wow....l  digress:inlove: ....ahhh thank you DCI, and the activity I love...Bring on the screaming Texas bandos!!

This was so refreshing to read - a breath of fresh air.  I hope you have a great time in San Antonio!  Blessings & joy to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cfmninjaa said:

If I remember correctly the cadet and crown in that order were pretty close though I do still think the competition is more fierce. I dont see bloo getting 5th and I dont see BD getting 3rd unless its to the hands of SCV and Bloo and thats if Bloo sorts out its percussion issues.

I still think this year will be the best time for that record to be broken.

btw that dance break is one of a kind. I don't know how I feel about it yet but I said the same thing about blood singer.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I hear you. But i can't see 99 this year. You look at the four shows that have cracked that 99 barrier, they were in a league of their own and it wasn't even close. I got to see all four of those shows live, and all four times i left the stadium saying it's over regarding the chase for gold. I left the Riverside show earlier this month saying BD/SCV will be throwing hay makers at each other all season, and who else from back east is going to get in the ring with them and throw down. Right now i think it's Bloo..........and they have some power punches of their own. 

I don't see anyone breaking even 98.25 ish.

I think BD will be at 97.9 and SCV maybe .25 to .4 ahead of them by the end.

Still 3 weeks to go.from this Saturday and 90 already broken.

8 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

If Bluecoats get 4th or lower in percussion and guard during the final week, that will take them out of contention for top 2 right there. I doubt both BD and SCV will finish lower than 3rd in a single subcaption come championships.

Let us not forget 2013 when Carolina Crown won despite getting 6th in percussion. Anything is possible despite some missed targets in sub-captions. 

14 hours ago, Cappybara said:

True, however BD was still first in every single large caption (GE, Visual, and Music) in 2014 while SCV is not. The numbers will fix themselves, I am very confident SCV won’t break 99 this year. 

By Atlanta, BD’s lead in GE alone was by almost a full point. If SCV approaches that level of dominance by Atlanta, I’ll start believing 

I agree with Cappy and Chief Guns, I don't believe that SCV will break 99 this year and heh they're my pick to take all the cards . :biggrin:

I also believe they won't need to honestly.  My belief is that SCV wins hands down on finals night by more then a point, but it won't be like 1973 when they beat Troop by a record 2.5 points or even BD beating the Bluecoats in 2014 by 2.475 points.

I just feel like the quality of performance/programming that BD, Bluecoats, Crown, (just to name a few) will keep that gap below any record spreads.  Time will tell, we'll just have to wait.  Are we REALLY only 3 weeks away from FINALS?!?!?!? :biggrin:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I would agree with this, but by the time finals approaches I think BD will be the only corps giving them fierce competition. If Bluecoats get 4th or lower in percussion and guard during the final week, that will take them out of contention for top 2 right there. I doubt both BD and SCV will finish lower than 3rd in a single subcaption come championships.

I think 99 is a stretch for anyone and I believe the judges learned a numbers management lesson in 2014.

If you are fourth in percussion but by just half a point, it’s not relevant when you are owning GE. Last week it was, oh they might be eighth in percussion. Top four in percussion, with that show, could easily win Gold.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

On 7/18/2018 at 9:56 PM, Chief Guns said:

Even though i liked this post,  i can't even imagine the backlash if a BD fan said this lol. 

You know us so well. :-)

• Like 1