DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

The only thing I can think of is low budget and lack of bandwidth. Or inadequate equipment at the different facilities they’re streaming from. I kinda doubt that they’re doing it to prevent piracy 

On a laptop, I don’t notice too much of a difference between 720p and 1080p so I don’t mind as much but I can imagine it being annoying when streaming to a TV

I'm watching on my laptop atm but soon I'll plug it into my TV through an HD cable and see how it looks. I might also try logging into Flo through the browser on my TV and see how it looks that way.

Ah Arsenal!  You made this former New Mexican get emotional watching you today.  The 20-member hornline:  you guys ALL pulled your weight - great job.  Color guard - lovely - don't worry about the drops.  Every corps has at least one - you'll get better.  Front ensemble - really strong especially with no amplification!  Percussion - fine job with some neat tricks. 

For a 2nd year organization, you have all the markings of good leadership and good vision.  I've been pulling for you and will continue to.  Sing "O Fair New Mexico" today with joy and pride.  You represented your state very well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

If it was about what I would like to see, I would love to see Blooo, SCV and BAC. But it’s obviously not about what I like. 

BD and Crown reputations are holding both up, but neither production are or is one of their top five best productions. I find it shockingly predictable where they continue to place considering the parity there is in talent in the top six. 

"Toss rifles and shots, not hair" Go Bloooo and BAC!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I'm watching on my laptop atm but soon I'll plug it into my TV through an HD cable and see how it looks. I might also try logging into Flo through the browser on my TV and see how it looks that way.

I'm streaming through a built in Roku to the SMORT tv.

Guardians taking the field.  I imagine there's lime green flags in the stands again.

Yes -- I think those are Flo mics in front of the speakers. 

3 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I am viewing via Apple TV with HDMI to a 43” Sony 4k Bravia. Picture and sound are passable, but it could be a lot better!

• Like 1

go guardians!

Edited by MusicalFrog
Im an idiot

Ok, THIS announcer is having fun.

• Like 1

Presenting their 2018 program [voice drops an octave] daaaamed.