DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

Cavies need to be running at the end with that kind of music! The music is begging for it and what they have is purely functional to get them into position for the big curvilinear company front at the end. Get a move on guys!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quietcity said:

On the performer side, a soft ending done well can provide a different kind of thrill than the usual triple-forte ending. You can feel the breath-holding anticipation in the audience as the music fades, then a moment of silence and finally a crescendoing ovation. This was my experience with SCV in 1984, when we ended with Tenderland. 

Agree on the TL ‘84 ending; it was tougher than it looked, especially after the diagonal push...what section were you in? 

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The trombone soloists kill it every show I’ve heard them at

love the stare down at the end

• Like 1

Cavies great show over the top all-time favorite

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

wow flo completely fell off a cliff for me right there. buffered all the way to the ballad

Yep, me too. I've had impeccable streams from Flo all season--including all of today's show--until BAC came on. Then it all went to ####. Error 2021 and buffering. Switched to multi-cam and thought it was better, then did it again. Restarted my modem AND router. Still doing it. Getting 150Mbps downstream, so I DEFINITELY shouldn't be having issues.

• Like 1

Music City has 10000+ votes and SOA around 8300 in the fan poll.  Hmmmm ... some busy little fingers on keyboards. 

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Some of these multi cam zoom ins by Flo are about as skilled as the camera work in The Office 

It's called day drinking.

• Like 2

#mycorpsplaysradiohead!

• Like 2