DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

Well Anderson really doesn't like Cadets as a Judge...duh.  12-11-12 on Viz analysis sheet. If he had what the corps had been averaging place wise, score would have been much higher.

This corresponds to the GE marks given by the same judge the other night.  Carrying some baggage is he?  Time for Mr. Carlson to step in.

• Like 2

and dci is down

3 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

I know the discussion is usually which corps will break 90 at San Antonio. Has there ever been 4 to break 90 at this show?

posted from the DrumScorps app

3 has happened a few times in the 2000s but I never remember seeing a 4th group join in the fun...

2 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Way to go SCV, Crown, Blue Stars, and the Colts for closing gaps or passing up who was in front of you.

P.S. If anyone has the recap, please post it, as my DCI.org keeps giving me a gateway time out error!

You need the Drumscorps app. They have them up so quickly. Vanguard won GE, Visual, Music and Percussion. Crown Brass. BAC guard.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pizazzman said:

Boy I miss the days of full retreat and combined hornlines! It was often a hassle, but the experiences (and shenanigans between the corps) were always worth it. I’d love to see it at regionals at least. 

A 25 corps full retreat might be tricky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Well Anderson really doesn't like Cadets as a Judge...duh.  12-11-12 on Viz analysis sheet. If he had what the corps had been averaging place wise, score would have been much higher.

This corresponds to the GE marks given by the same judge the other night.  Carrying some baggage is he?  Time for Mr. Carlson to step in.

Hey it’s just one persons take but that said it is very out of line with the other judges this season 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

That guard caption is interesting

I know, right?

Apparently the judge is of the opinion of whoever posted that BD's guard is performing the hell out of their book but that the book is lacking.   I do suspect that there's a ton more BD's guard can put in there before season's end.  BD 'grows' their shows over time and they can be very hard to pin down mid-season as they're continually putting more in.

And ouch.  BK's guard scores hurt.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1