DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

SCV has it from here on.

But there are a few glaring oddities happening in some subcaptions that are somewhat inexplicable.  I don't see them continuing in the future.

A large chunk of the narrowing spread between Bloo and Crown and the stretch between Bloo and BD can be accounted for in one haywire GE perf box.

The brass caption got shuffled tonight.  We'll see if that doesn't flip around a bit more going on.  And Boston is killing it in the guard caption but slipped in the perc caption from where they had been tracking.

There's some movement yet to be had here... some settling.  And I don't think that SCVs lead will or could expand much more than that... Unless they start sweeping more captions.

Great competition going on here.

• Like 4

SCV for the win and in the drivers seat from here to Indy.  That is a massive spread with 2-4 beating up on each other.   Not sure they will see that spread in percussion every night but they will surely enjoy for this night.  

Cannot wait to see the rest of the closer on th field.

• Like 2

I do feel sorry for Madison being in 16th, especially since this is an anniversary year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

A 25 corps full retreat might be tricky.

Well, full retreat is a bit misleading I suppose. It’d be the top 12 (or final 12 in performance order), like it used to be. 

3 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Hm. Since when has BD guard scored a 6th in any content category, let alone guard? Kudos to the guard judge for being honest with their opinion, even if I don’t necessarily agree with it!

It's for the substance portion.  The performance number is first.  So, the message seems "you rocked your book but your book is mega weak."  I have no doubt BD's guard can throw a Buch more in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

World

6.  88.250 Boston Crusaders

That's a really high score for sixth place at this event. Only one sixth-place corps in the past ten years has gotten a San Antonio score close to that, and that was in 2010, when DCI Southwestern was held over two days (SCV was second for that night and sixth overall with 87.60).

The record for highest sixth-place score at Finals has stood since 1989. Might it be broken this year?

• Like 2

BTW I think the run for gold is over bloo and BD are running for silver abd then there's everyone else (not to take away anything from any corps but thats the way I'm seeing it)

posted from the DrumScorps app

4 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Hm. Since when has BD guard scored a 6th in any content category, let alone guard? Kudos to the guard judge for being honest with their opinion, even if I don’t necessarily agree with it!

Seems pretty on the nose. BD is clean, but they just aren’t attempting anything near the level of the rest of the top 6. 

2 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

If SCV scores over a 94.25 five days from now, we've seriously should be talking about the scoring record or it should at least be in the back of our minds.

posted from the DrumScorps app

They got close to the SA record score but lagged behind 06 Cavaliers for that with a 92.55. For that matter, 2014 BD scored a 91.65 here so not much of an indicator of the final score.