DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Was the judge named Helen Keller by chance?

Seems like it

1 minute ago, Citizen-Seth said:

Seems pretty on the nose. BD is clean, but they just aren’t attempting anything near the level of the rest of the top 6. 

Respectfully disagree! I have no guard expertise, but the majority of judges agree with a different assessment. Who knows, maybe the majority are wrong!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

BTW I think the run for gold is over bloo and BD are running for silver abd then there's everyone else (not to take away anything from any corps but thats the way I'm seeing it)

posted from the DrumScorps app

I don't think I'd leave Crown out of that mix.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jast45 said:

Is it possible the GE 2 score for Bluecoats is a mistake/typo?  9.5 to 9.05?  5th in GE 2 perf?  Seems severe

Looks like the judge saw it as the hardest to pull off and thought they didn't pull it off well comparatively.

Better to have 5 in achievement and 1 in rep than the other way around. It's room to work with for Bluecoats.

Note they also got 4th in brass and the top 4 are really close in that caption and the pendulum can swing all around in that regard.

5th in percussion...not ideal but workable.

• Like 1

And now everyone prepares for laundry, the Riverwalk and the day they eat all the food that will make them sick the next day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boston wins guard, and Blue Stars 4th in Guard content!

Blue Stars also 7th in total visual! Nice job! But they are way behind in music. Clean that brass and percussion!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting about this: 

Bluecoats

GE1 = 9.1 and 9.2

GE2 = 9.5 and 9.05

One judge says they can't grow no more, and the other says they have a long ways to go. 

My logic cannot execute that process. One judge has to be right and the other wrong. Maybe we need 12 GE judges so that high and low anomalies can be taken out and the rest averaged.

• Confused 1

Just now, BoyWonder1911 said:

Boston wins guard, and Blue Stars 4th in Guard content!

Blue Stars also 7th in total visual! Nice job! But they are way behind in music. Clean that brass and percussion!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting about this: 

Bluecoats

GE1 = 9.1 and 9.2

GE2 = 9.5 and 9.05

One judge says they can't grow no more, and the other says they have a long ways to go. 

My logic cannot execute that process. One judge has to be right and the other wrong. Maybe we need 12 GE judges so that high and low anomalies can be taken out and the rest averaged.

Wheres @corps8294 to say the guard isnt doing well this year :laughing:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Looks like the judge saw it as the hardest to pull off and thought they didn't pull it off well comparatively.

Better to have 5 in achievement and 1 in rep than the other way around. It's room to work with for Bluecoats.

Note they also got 4th in brass and the top 4 are really close in that caption and the pendulum can swing all around in that regard.

5th in percussion...not ideal but workable.

Thanks. Seems right how you say it.  Thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That's a really high score for sixth place at this event. Only one sixth-place corps in the past ten years has gotten a San Antonio score close to that, and that was in 2010, when DCI Southwestern was held over two days (SCV was second for that night and sixth overall with 87.60).

The record for highest sixth-place score at Finals has stood since 1989. Might it be broken this year?

I think most records will be broken with 3 weeks left.