Bentonville, AR - July, 16, 2018

And Crown wins with an 87.45. This is getting interesting!!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

World Class

Carolina Crown

2 Phantom Regiment 82.200
3 Crossmen 80.400
4 Music City 69.250
5 Jersey Surf 65.050
6 Pioneer 59.100

Open Class

PLACE CORPS SCORE

1 Guardians 65.850
Edited by Cadevilina Crown

4 minutes ago, Corpfan said:

And Crown wins with an 87.45. This is getting interesting!!

This why its so hard to compare scores. BLOO got an 87.5 tonight, but were over a full point above Crown last night. We wont know where Crown really fits again until Houston and SA. The music side is definitely up there to compete at the top. Gotta get the visual and effect scores up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corpfan said:

Whatever the delay was Guardian made it. About to take the field.

Guardians had a flat on one of the busses. All good now.

Tonight was the first night with props I believe, and they still have to add the last movement. Can't wait to see it all come together!

3 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

This why its so hard to compare scores. BLOO got an 87.5 tonight, but were over a full point above Crown last night. We wont know where Crown really fits again until Houston and SA. The music side is definitely up there to compete at the top. Gotta get the visual and effect scores up.

This set of scores looks about 1.5 to 2 pts above the other two shows tonight. That’s going on trend and the gaps from last night when many were scored together

thats why it’s impossible to compare scores from different shows lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The flip side is a corps like OC, who has literally gained 2 points in two weeks. Its the Pioneer syndrome, top goes up, middle a little, bottom part either drops nightly or goes up and down all season. I know how frustrating that must be for those groups when we get tweaked if any top group goes down at all!

Feedback from quality judges is more valuable than scores.  Recap pseudoscience is entertaining but not really valuable. 

• Like 2

I expected Crown's brass to carry the evening (and they did), but Crossmen....holy Crossmen.

There were at least three moments during their show when I found myself thinking....how powerful, surely this is the end?

And.

It.

Kept.

Going.

In a good way, of course. What a show, Crossmen. I was not expecting that.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, karuna said:

Feedback from quality judges is more valuable than scores.  Recap pseudoscience is entertaining but not really valuable. 

The judging is so erratic I must disagree here. DCI has some newer judges that are just clueless and very erratic.