Most Likely to Happen/Least Likely to Happen

Most Likely/Least Likely  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most likely event to happen this season?

• A corps other than Bloo, BD or SCV medals
    • Boston Crusaders place fifth or higher
    • Crossmen fall out of finals
    • Mandarins beat Cadets at any point in the season
  2. 2. What is the least likely event to happen this season?

• A corps other than Bloo, BD, or SCV medals
    • Boston Crusaders place fifth or higher
    • Crossmen fall out of finals
    • Mandarins beat Cadets at any point in the season

I could see any of Crown/Cavies/BAC sneaking into third. Though I find it unlikely, I find it more plausible than the alternatives. The only other one that comes close is BAC fifth or higher.

Mandarins beating Cadets seems exceedingly unlikely, unless it's a short panel where the captions judged favors Mandarins (a la earlier this week), and short panels are basically done now.

• Like 2

My order, from most likely to least likely:

1. Boston 5th or higher (Very good chance they can catch/pass Crown)

2. Non-SCV/Bloo/BD medalist (A Cavies surge and any of those three faltering down the line makes this certainly plausible, even if unlikely)

3. Crossmen miss Finals (I just don't see it. I think there is a clear distinction between the 9-12 tier (Mand/PR/Stars/Xmen) and the 13-16 tier (Academy/Spirit/Madison/Colts))

4. Mandarins beat Cadets (LOL)

Edited by MotoSurfBass

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

I could see any of Crown/Cavies/BAC sneaking into third. Though I find it unlikely, I find it more plausible than the alternatives. The only other one that comes close is BAC fifth or higher.

Mandarins beating Cadets seems exceedingly unlikely, unless it's a short panel where the captions judged favors Mandarins (a la earlier this week), and short panels are basically done now.

I think Mandarins will be battling for 9th or 10th in finals, though St. Louis makes that prediction less solid than this time yesterday. I believe Mandarins will make finals, but based on scores and DCP comments by those who have seen them, Cadets would be a huge obstacle for Mandarins. Mandarins also need to top Blue Knights and Phantom first, and while there has been some rumbling of BK giving Cadets a run for their money, I have not heard similar comments about Phantom.

These are all absurd. None of these events are even remotely likely to happen.

Crossmen are likely to retain Finalist status this season, imo. But anyone that believes its not remotely possible some Corps could catch and oust them, probably is not following the GE overall models at the moment, imo. There is certainly some optimism there in that all important caption to believe that the Crossmen at the moment are by no means home free to retaining Finalist status come Indy, imo

Edited by BRASSO