Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Alright BD! Sweeping visual! I can't be happier right now. If my beloved BD has to take their occasional silver, let it be to SCV and keep the title in Cali baby! And we have Mandarins killing it this year! Do it up Devils! West Coast stand up!

Now of only PC could get their act together...

Wouldn't mind seeing four socal finalists.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

I think BLOO has a larger hill than you think. Down 1.3 and just improving percussion wont raise score that much and getting 1st in one caption, even GE music, may not bode well. Id be more worried about 3rd place and 4th place ordinals right now. Granted, its early for sure, but I'd also have to kindly disagree with show design. I think SCV is the most complete package top to bottom, visually and musically. No real weaknesses and also not close to clean yet.

IMO, BLOO and SCV two best shows with most upside. But we know BD closes like no other. Going to be a fun last 3 weeks!!

I agree with this. SCV has taken the innovation Bluecoats gave us with prop usage in 2016 to a more sophisticated level in my opinion. They utilize the props so well, and they blend in so well into the production, that they aren't as glaring as 20 foot chairs are. I think Bluecoats show is great, but I do not see it as being on the same level as SCV and BD from a design standpoint. Both BD and SCV have really found a way to integrating the props without them being such a distraction. To me, Bloos chairs are a distraction. They don't do anything particularly interesting with them in my opinion. The most interesting thing they do is line them up at the end. I love Bloos music, but I'm not keen on the visual production. I think we are seeing that in the marks and it's going to be hard for them to push into the top 2.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, valjean said:

Now of only PC could get their act together...

Wouldn't mind seeing four socal finalists.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Yes sir!!! Love PC too! I always thought they would have beat Mandarins to being a finalist. But i hope PC closes strong. 

What bodes very well for SCV vs BD/Bloo is they were top 2 in every single caption. BD had a lot of 3s, as did Bloo, but Bloo also had some 4s. I think this is the start of SCV's run to the championship with BD right behind.

When you add Crown to the mix, some of BDs 3s can turn into 4s and some of Bloos 3s to 4s and 4s to 5s. Crown may take down SCV in brass, but I'm not sure about any other captions.

Such a fun season.

• Like 4

NORTH CAROLINA! COME ON RAISE UP.

Whoops wrong team.

8 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Alright BD! Sweeping visual! I can't be happier right now. If my beloved BD has to take their occasional silver, let it be to SCV and keep the title in Cali baby! And we have Mandarins killing it this year! Do it up Devils! West Coast stand up!

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Looking at the recap I'm really liking where BD is at. They have the most captions with large spreads between Content and Achievement, including a huge GE1 gap (0.5) and Visual Analysis Gap (0.45). My only real concern is brass, hopefully the staff has plans to clean that up and beef up their book a little as they've been lagging in that caption most of the season. 

Oh yeag! It's a good place for them.overall seeing the work to get done.. these spreads means they have surely been improving more and more, lets hope they work out the music caption and clean it, and beef up the general effect. Visuals is already in the bag not going anywhere.

• Like 2