Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

Congrats to SCV! GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Show tonight has really brought in some focus on how the season may shape up. My surprises so far are how far back the Cavies are from the top 3 and the Bluecoats Percussion score. For the Cavies, it appears the percussion and GE captions are hurting their overall score. Taking Crown into consideration, they are ranked 6th respectively. The Bluecoats, makes you wonder if the electronic design side of things is too far ahead of the execution the members can pull off. Shame, because there's no question the talent in the members and staff. Time will tell if they either water it down or more accurately, reaccess the implementation.

It's clear to me at least, the top 12 will include the Mandarins, very cool to see. 

SCV!!! As a long-time supporter since the mid 90's, not seeing them win a championship for a long time (doesn't help the rival across the bay winning 8 titles since 99), it is great to see how far they have come. Its one thing to see a show score well, but it's awesome to see how great the show is and well received by the audience. I've been spoiled the last few years with the run SCV Jonz have been with multiple Sanford titles, but the idea of them being lead contenders so far and the potential winning the whole thing? What ride. Happy for the organization, staff, alum, and corps members.

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Bloo is welcome in Pasadena and Riverside too! Heck all the corps from back east come on out west. Us Cali fans are dying to show all of you some love!

You imagine the Bluecoats Drumline in the RCC parking lot with Roger Carter on the kit, it would be off the chain.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I thought they did once in the last 10 years...

Did they? Oh wow, ok. I've been following since '07. I wonder what show I'm forgetting? :blink:

23 minutes ago, INT72 said:

2009 Imagine show....

Oops. Haha. I stand corrected! Thanks :thumbup:

thats a fun recap!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

Did they? Oh wow, ok. I've been following since '07. I wonder what show I'm forgetting? :blink:

Yep, 2009. However, I missed seeing them since they never made it to Riverside, that would explain why I didn't recall them coming out either  :-(

June 23 Drums Along the Sandias Rio Rancho NM DCI 1 74.900
June 24 Southwest Corps Connection Glendale AZ DCI 2 74.600
June 26 Mid Cal Tour of Champions Clovis CA DCI 3 76.000
June 27 DCI West Stanford CA DCI 3 76.200
June 28 Moonlight Classic Stockton CA DCI 3 77.450
July 2 Bakersfield CA DCI 2 79.500
July 3 Brass Along the Beach @ UCSB Santa Barbara CA DCI 2 80.200
July 4 DCI at Americafest 2009 Pasadena CA DCI 0  
July 5 Corps at the Crest - Vista San Diego CA DCI 2 79.700
Edited by Jeffe77

Thanks for your opinions, insight and respectful dialogue All!! Thoroughly enjoyed our night, and I wish you all musical dreams (with a minimum of screaming band girls). :muahaha:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

They came out in 2009. However, I missed seeing them since they never made to Riverside :-(

June 23 Drums Along the Sandias Rio Rancho NM DCI 1 74.900
June 24 Southwest Corps Connection Glendale AZ DCI 2 74.600
June 26 Mid Cal Tour of Champions Clovis CA DCI 3 76.000
June 27 DCI West Stanford CA DCI 3 76.200
June 28 Moonlight Classic Stockton CA DCI 3 77.450
July 2 Bakersfield CA DCI 2 79.500
July 3 Brass Along the Beach @ UCSB Santa Barbara CA DCI 2 80.200
July 4 DCI at Americafest 2009 Pasadena CA DCI 0  
July 5 Corps at the Crest - Vista San Diego CA DCI 2 79.700

Yep.... I've been reminded it was their Imagine show..... which I really liked!. Well, here's hoping they make the trek again sometime soon!

Edited by POSITIVenrgy

2 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

Yep.... I've been reminded it was their Imagine show..... which I really liked! I know I saw them at Stanford. I must've seen them in Riverside too bcuz my son marched that year (with SCV). Well, here's hoping they make the trek again sometime soon!

That season was weird, BD and SCV started their season at the Walnut and Riverside in June, then, SCV head to NM and AZ where the Bluecoats joined SCV at the New Mexico show.