Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

24 minutes ago, Bsader said:

For the record I never said, nor do I believe, that the Cavaliers are misogynists but I do believe they are being sexists by not allowing young women into their Corps. The practice of gender discrimination is by it's definition sexists. 

So some girl can apply, be denied based only on her sex, and then sue for admittance or damages. 

Until then can we just admire their wonderful program and history without labeling them with nasty accusatory terms that imply intent or harm? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So some girl can apply, be denied based only on her sex, and then sue for admittance or damages. 

Until then can we just admire their wonderful program and history without labeling them with nasty accusatory terms that imply intent or harm? 

Relax George. People can enjoy their program at many levels... as well as discuss the political/ social element introduced by the Corps itself in its show. I'd rather move on from this too, to be frank with you, and suggest we all do now, as I don't see this going well for people if they are not careful. No need, nor much benefits derived to being divisive. He should perhaps back off from the " sexist " remark too, and just let it go, imo

Edited by BRASSO

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Should we continue to admire the caterer because his business dates back generations? Should we continue to admire the cater because he is providing us with a wonderful dining experience? If they are practicing discrimination to anyone for any reason then I say no. What say you?

So...how ‘bout those Couchmen?

• Thanks 1

Just now, ajlemm said:

The Couchmen are freakin' awesome!

6 minutes ago, Bsader said:

Should we continue to admire the caterer because his business dates back generations? Should we continue to admire the cater because he is providing us with a wonderful dining experience? If they are practicing discrimination to anyone for any reason then I say no. What say you?

Image result for just.. stop... meme

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

I think if they add in the new accent pillows and turn the cushion to cover the dirt on side one... they'll have a shot.

But for right now... they're kinda putting me to sleep.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Relax George. People can enjoy their program at many levels... as well as discuss the political/ social element introduced by the Corps itself in its show. I'd rather move on from this too, to be frank with you, and suggest we all do, as I don't see this going well for people if they are not careful.

So we are suppose to be careful now...is that it?  Why should we have to be careful? Seriously...are you concerned for me? That is a bit of an ambiguous statement that is leaving me somewhat confused. I'm sure a lot of people do want to move on because this is a tiresome subject for many of them but I'm sure their are others who want to move on because they get uncomfortable when their hypocrisies are laid bare.

5 minutes ago, Bsader said:

Well I don’t personally see the existence of a private fraternal organization as discriminatory 

But I guess there are people who can find fault in anything and everything; and, importantly, imagine or define some alleged “harm” as occurring so they can further advance the idea of universal victimization 

Just now, George Dixon said:

Well I don’t personally see the existence of a private fraternal organization as discriminatory 

But I guess there are people who can find fault in anything and everything; and, importantly, imagine or define some alleged “harm” as occurring so they can further advance the idea of universal victimization 

Universal victimization? I believe in meritocracy for all which means everyone should be given the chance to compete for a coveted spot in the Cavaliers. If you don't make the cut then you just suck it up, practice your ### off, and try again next year. Their is that pesky question regarding ageism though.