Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

2 hours ago, Bsader said:

For the record I never said, nor do I believe, that the Cavaliers are misogynists but I do believe they are being sexists by not allowing young women into their Corps. The practice of gender discrimination is by it's definition sexists. 

Are sororities and fraternities sexist?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bsader said:

Universal victimization? I believe in meritocracy for all which means everyone should be given the chance to compete for a coveted spot in the Cavaliers. If you don't make the cut then you just suck it up, practice your ### off, and try again next year. Their is that pesky question regarding ageism though.

Why should everyone be given the chance to compete for a spot in the Cavaliers? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bsader said:

Let's say you want to hire a caterer to cater the soiree that you are planning for that Saturday because you have been told that they are one of the best caterers in your city. If that caterer refuses to provide their services to you based on what you know to be discriminatory reasons do you think....well their are 22 other world class caters in the city that I can choose to use.

Uh... that's what I think. I think, "screw that dude, I'm giving my money somewhere else."

I know that's not the PC thing to say, but it's how I would treat the situation and you're not going to change my mind. Who cares, go somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Bsader said:

Should we continue to admire the caterer because his business dates back generations? Should we continue to admire the cater because he is providing us with a wonderful dining experience? If they are practicing discrimination to anyone for any reason then I say no. What say you?

Are you aware that the Cavaliers also presents the Chromium Winds program, which is a coed group that competes in the WGI Winds division? I believe they have been very successful, winning the championship each of their two years of existence.

While they have a legacy situation with the fraternal nature of the Cavaliers corps to contend with, they created another option to provide an experience for both boys AND girls. 

That demonstrates that the organization is trying to reach out and create more inclusive opportunity while also maintaining a performing unit that has 70 years of history behind it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bsader said:

....and anyone who does not recognize this, I feel, should be considered as being closed minded. 

“Feelings...nothing more than...feelings...

Tryin’ to forget myyyy....feelings of lo-uh-oove...

Teardrops...(cascading descending piano run) rolling down on— my face....”

That was for all the beautiful people in the room— why? Because I’m beautiful, you’re beautiful; we’re all beautiful people here...speaking of here I’m here all week; be sure to try the fish, and don’t forget to tip your wait staff...

Just now, NakedEye said:

Are you aware that the Cavaliers also presents the Chromium Winds program, which is a coed group that competes in the WGI Winds division? I believe they have been very successful, winning the championship each of their two years of existence.

While they have a legacy situation with the fraternal nature of the Cavaliers corps to contend with, they created another option to provide an experience for both boys AND girls. 

That demonstrates that the organization is trying to reach out and create more inclusive opportunity while also maintaining a performing unit that has 70 years of history behind it.

I wasn't aware of this. Are you aware that the Cavaliers Drum an Bugle Corps continues to practice gender discrimination? 

2 minutes ago, TRacer said:

“Feelings...nothing more than...feelings...

Tryin’ to forget myyyy....feelings of lo-uh-oove...

Teardrops...(cascading descending piano run) rolling down on— my face....”

That was for all the beautiful people in the room— why? Because I’m beautiful, you’re beautiful; we’re all beautiful people here...speaking of here I’m here all week; be sure to try the fish, and don’t forget to tip your wait staff...

Feelings? #### feelings!