Shootout at the BA/OK Corral (Broken Arrow, OK - July 17, 2018)

4 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

You won’t find a deaf, blind or wheelchair bound mm in dci.

In 2015 I judged Visual for a band that had a MM on lead trombone who was wheelchair bound. He was securely fastened into one of those high performance racing chairs with tires for the natural grass, and he was assisted by a “buddy pusher” also in uniform. That two man team was not confined at all and were out in the thick of some really fast drill that covered broad areas of the field. What was truly astounding was the “pusher” kept up with the turns, changes. etc., ** all while staying in step and in the form. **  The trombone player (also in uniform of course) was able to turn his body 90* when required and man that kid could play. IIRC that was a bigger band that placed 2nd in their class that night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bsader said:

I'm maybe wrong on this but I don't recall saying that the Cavaliers should be force by law to accept young women into their Corps and that they should be sued if they don't. If I did then I was barking up the wrong tree. In my opinion just because the Cavaliers have the right doesn't mean that it's right.

Didn't say that you did. I was just posting my opinion... which I am getting debated on. 

I like the Cavaliers show and wish them the best this year.

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The way you use the term “SJW” irks me, as if there is something wrong with fighting for equal rights. 

The way the person who berated any corps that doesn't win irks me, that may have not been you but it was insinuated that not winning makes everyone else a looser. That's what I got out of the statement women loose out when the Cavies win, well so does everyone else who didn't win from 2an to 44th (happens every year regardless who wins)all losers according to todays social justice standards (didn't use the term). Statements from those who choose to put their thoughts on a pedestal and think they are right also hurt others, go figure

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

The way the person who berated any corps that doesn't win irks me, that may have not been you but it was insinuated that not winning makes everyone else a looser. That's what I got out of the statement women loose out when the Cavies win, well so does everyone else who didn't win from 2an to 44th (happens every year regardless who wins)all losers according to todays social justice standards (didn't use the term). Statements from those who choose to put their thoughts on a pedestal and think they are right also hurt others, go figure

You may want to re-read and re-evaluate if that’s what you got out of the post 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluzes said:

You are playing the game of cherry picking everything that is not relevant to the point. You also seem to be purposely overreacting as if you are the victim in all of this. You replied here "that may not have been you but it was insinuated...." Your the one who is doing all the insinuating. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Didn't say that you did. I was just posting my opinion... which I am getting debated on. 

I like the Cavaliers show and wish them the best this year.

I wish them well also. I also wish them future clarity from their continued cognitive dissonance.

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

What about the young ladies that excel in NCAA baseball/softball and other sports that only employ men. Why not take the fight there seems their would be a bigger stage than dci. I never won anything at all but don't use discrimination as an excuse. Feeling sorry for the women of the world just because they can't be Cavies is shortsighted and a weak way to get the SJW's point across, if there is one.

See that's just it. I said being all male makes the Cavaliers unique and I am NOT pushing for them to change. It would affect their unique identity.

You or someone else said or implied that young women aren't the ones talking about this it's just derranged adults.

I cited that when I was an age eligible female I was disappointed (not enraged, victimized, or demanding a change, just disappointed) that the best corps was all male. I would think there are several factors as to why it's not getting commented on by young ladies now has something to do with one of these three factors 1. There are few women that post on these boards let alone women that are age eligible to (most of which are probably touring and not lurking on DCP). 2. The Cavaliers are being competitive again but it's not like they won 5/7 years recently and are dominant. 3. When someone posts an honest but unpopular thought on these boards they get flamed.

I am not about to go protest or March or push for a big change in the Cavaliers. I have no fight against them but I think a few people on this board are getting a little bit too bent out of shape thatother posters pointed out that they think the gender discrimination practiced by the Cavaliers is unfair and they are using pretty ridiculous points to their argument that are just digging a deeper hole.

PS I don't think the Cavaliers are losers...or that any other corps that doesn't win for that matter. If you read any of my other posts I am usually trying to find out grwatpmentd in other shows...and I travel to semifinals so that I can see all of the top 25...of which I often have favorites outside of the top 12.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You may want to re-read and re-evaluate if that’s what you got out of the post 

I know all the tricks believe me I can bring out the trolls, shills and the XXX's at will. But this is not about me and I don't take things personally so fire away I enjoy it. I re-read the statement and it's just as hurtful and disrespectable as the statements about the Cavies. Your not getting $3.50 a post to push your ideology like GLP because I can make your rich.

I could not puzzle out what "SJW" was, and had to look it up on Wikipedia:

Social justice warrior (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism,[1][2] as well as identity politics.[3] The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that they are pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and engaging in disingenuous arguments.[5]

The phrase originated in the late 20th century as a neutral or positive term for people engaged in social justice activism.[1] In 2011, when the term first appeared on Twitter, it changed from a primarily positive term to an overwhelmingly negative one.[1] During the Gamergate controversy, the negative connotation gained increased use, and was particularly aimed at those espousing views adhering to social liberalism, cultural inclusivity, or feminism, as well as views deemed to be politically correct.[1][2]

3 minutes ago, quietcity said:

I could not puzzle out what "SJW" was, and had to look it up on Wikipedia:

Social justice warrior (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism,[1][2] as well as identity politics.[3] The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that they are pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and engaging in disingenuous arguments.[5]

The phrase originated in the late 20th century as a neutral or positive term for people engaged in social justice activism.[1] In 2011, when the term first appeared on Twitter, it changed from a primarily positive term to an overwhelmingly negative one.[1] During the Gamergate controversy, the negative connotation gained increased use, and was particularly aimed at those espousing views adhering to social liberalism, cultural inclusivity, or feminism, as well as views deemed to be politically correct.[1][2]

Yeah... I had to look it up too.