Spartacus 3rd to 1st finals week, could this be a repeat year?

10 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Phantom actually came into Quarters in 4th in 08, right? They performed before Crown, Cavies and Devils and took 3rd at the Thursday show, unless I'm remembering it wrong.

No, you're right. They we're seeded in 4th coming into quarters and moved up one placement each night.

• Like 1

Phantom 2008 was a very special show full of drama, emotion and an iconic ending. One  could argue it is the best "story show" we have ever seen. The finals week climb was propelled by these factors. I don't see it happening this year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SteenAZ said:

Phantom 2008 was a very special show full of drama, emotion and an iconic ending. One  could argue it is the best "story show" we have ever seen. The finals week climb was propelled by these factors. I don't see it happening this year.

Did anyone see it happening in 08 ?

1 hour ago, onionhead said:

Did anyone see it happening in 08 ?

Yes, pretty much the whole summer people saw it coming. When they introduced the ending and won their night at Allentown (beating Cavaliers IIRC), lots of people on DCP thought they would contend the next week. I remember talking to an old timer in the lobby of my hotel in Indy when I checked in that "this could finally be Phantom's year".

Live in the audience in Bloomington, it was totally obvious that they were better than Crown and Cavaliers on Thursday/Friday. But the back-to-back with BD on Saturday night was very intense. Lots of people wanted it to happen on Saturday night, not sure how many believed it had before they read the scores.

Edit: Nope, PR had 2nd highest score at Allentown (0.075 behind Cavies, 0.175 ahead of BD) but on a different night from BD/Cavs

Edited by ShortAndFast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShortAndFast said:

Yes, pretty much the whole summer people saw it coming. When they introduced the ending and won their night at Allentown (beating Cavaliers IIRC), lots of people on DCP thought they would contend the next week. I remember talking to an old timer in the lobby of my hotel in Indy when I checked in that "this could finally be Phantom's year".

Live in the audience in Bloomington, it was totally obvious that they were better than Crown and Cavaliers on Thursday/Friday. But the back-to-back with BD on Saturday night was very intense. Lots of people wanted it to happen on Saturday night, not sure how many believed it had before they read the scores.

Edit: Nope, PR had 2nd highest score at Allentown (0.075 behind Cavies, 0.175 ahead of BD) but on a different night from BD/Cavs

Re edit: yeah, I remember that being BD's lone regular season loss that year with Cavies. From what I remember there was a tragedy surrounding the corps the day(s) before? My memory is a little fuzzy on those details.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

CHILLS !!!

10 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

The answer to the OP, BTW, is "no". SCV is in the driver's seat, is certainly going to medal, and I will be surprised it's anything below Gold.

So you are saying if SCV finishes 3rd in prelims, they can't jump into 1st for finals?  :biggrin:

There are three championship shows this season.  Any of the three can win. 

• Like 1