How do the judges form this Borg Collective, a singularity of thought all season?

Take Boston for instance their show appeals to a larger venue. Last night in Olathe there is no way that the judges had any more idea of how the patterns formed than Santa Claus did but the scores miraculously reflect differently.

May not be as educated as a judge but to me your scores remind me of fake news. Not buying it, that there is any individual thought, fall out of line and your out, I get it. 

But your not kidding anybody. At least I told my HR department years ago I can't help you the world is just as bad today and am saying Merry Christmas from now on (sent me for sensitvity training or charm school like we liked to call it) at least I tried.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Someone has been day drinking again...  :guinesssmilie:

Edited by Sideways
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

May not be as educated as a judge but to me your scores remind me of fake news. 

News is news, whether you agree with it, believe it, or do your research. Some people simply choose to not believe something and then call it fake. But what proof do you have that it's fake...the news or DCI judging? So sure, you have an opinion. All well and good, and I think we can all leave it at that.  Clearly you have no facts or evidence that would indicate poor judging, and until you are more educated about the process and skills needed to judge it's probably best you do some research before continuing your debate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Someone has been day drinking again...  :guinesssmilie:

Image result for alec baldwin drinking... gifsImage result for drinking gifs

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Some people simply choose to not believe something and then call it fake. 

This is the unfortunate state of our society right now. The term "fake news" is about as intellectual as the person who popularized it. 

Personally, I think the fact that the judges are able to come to a consensus shows that they've been trained well and know what they're doing. At the same time, there is enough variation (certain sections of BAC such as colorguard is scoring higher than the rest of the sections in the corps, as an example) to make me doubt that a hivemind is driving the scores. I'm not saying that the hivemind isn't there at all, but it certainly isn't dictating a majority of the outcome

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This is the unfortunate state of our society right now. The term "fake news" is about as intellectual as the person who popularized it. 

You're going to make me pull out that photo in a minute ...

• Haha 1

Oh please no one start talking about “my judges” and “their judges” lol. Kind of inside joke about an ex-coworker. Anything he didn’t like was “their ....” and everything that he agreed with was “my .....”. And of course “my ....” was the way things should be.

• Haha 1

Translation: My corps didn't score as high as I thought they should. :cry:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1