How do the judges form this Borg Collective, a singularity of thought all season?

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

I'm shocked... shocked... that you had to attend sensitivity training!!! :innocent:

It’s Charm School. We call it indoctrination training. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GlenI said:

Despite the OP's wacky conspiracy theories

Like the fake news comment where was everyone last year when Legends bought out the TV Tower during Sounds of Silence. Was grabbing for my tin foil hat till my wife said she threw it out, again????? Don't get me going on Sounds of Silence being banned after all the corps who played it last year. Mandarins, Legends, Fusion Corp & Bayou City Blues I was freaking out over that before I seen the fun Legends would have with it. Oh by the way the hiss is gone that I posted earlier about? Thinking this through now it was probably not the Russians but Simon & Garfunkel goofing on us for banning  their song why couldn't it have been Bridge Over Troubled Waters oh that would have been inappropriate this year as well, what's up with them guys? 

Edited by Bluzes
typo

4 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Take Boston for instance their show appeals to a larger venue. Last night in Olathe there is no way that the judges had any more idea of how the patterns formed than Santa Claus did but the scores miraculously reflect differently.

May not be as educated as a judge but to me your scores remind me of fake news. Not buying it, that there is any individual thought, fall out of line and your out, I get it. 

But your not kidding anybody. At least I told my HR department years ago I can't help you the world is just as bad today and am saying Merry Christmas from now on (sent me for sensitvity training or charm school like we liked to call it) at least I tried.

I used to think there were politics in judging. Since then I've moved beyond my biases and accepted the fact that I'm not qualified to judge one single caption, much less all of them simultaneously. I think everyone needs to remember that. If we were qualified, we would be judges. I love Boston's show this year, but I think they are being scored fairly. All the top 6 corps are executing well, and very little separates them. But, very little across the board becomes 3 points total. I'm not in the least big surprised Bluecoats are this far ahead.

Expecting BAC to move up to 4th or 3rd this year is A LOT to expect. It is not easy moving up these days. Look how long it has taken Santa Clara to medal, since they began their upward climb after 2010. 7 years. These corps at the top are just so good that it takes years to move from 6th to 4th to 3rd to 2nd to 1st. Boston is on an amazing path and they may get there.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

Slotting of course!

No -- that's not it. Still can't think of it....

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Lived it last night in Olathe ran into some Argonne buddies who just  came in from St Louis and sitting up high in Olathe they lost out on things that Boston does that was physically impossible to see from their vantage point and the crowd reaction reflected such but scores did not. Boston is fine not pointing to any negatives with the show can't wait I will see them down low with a large display so I don't miss anything, it's all good.  Just a simple question.

Hand this man some commas.  Three sentences, one comma.  I read the 3rd sentence fine.  Please go slower.  Try to make sentences with less than 8 words.  Throw some periods in.  A comma, or two, would not hurt. 

4 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

No -- that's not it. Still can't think of it....

Well it’s what I had in mind when I posted the pic so you’re going all psychic-friends-network if ii actually meant something else. 

Edited by karuna