How do the judges form this Borg Collective, a singularity of thought all season?

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

While it's fun to argue and speculate and all of that, one has to remember at the end of the day, you aren't qualified to judge these performances

With the results coming in so symmetrical it is statically subject to something else being in play (there is no such by-in from peer groups elsewhere). The answer being these folks are brighter than everyone else. That we should just return to the orchestra pit  like back in the medieval days. Where the unwashed massed viewed the show and left chicken bones all over the place. I think I am going to munch on some chicken in LOS and leave the bones laying around so I don't forget my station at dci.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I REMEMBER READING THAT!!! Man, what I would do to hear that live!

Well, in your spare time you have to invent a time machine.

I saw them live in 1979 at CYO Nationals held at Boston College. Cavies had slipped from finals in 1978 and wanted to prove they were back. It was the day of Key of G bugles, how loud can you get, real excitement. 

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

With the results coming in so symmetrical it is statically subject to something else being in play (there is no such by-in from peer groups elsewhere). The answer being these folks are brighter than everyone else. That we should just return to the orchestra pit  like back in the medieval days. Where the unwashed massed viewed the show and left chicken bones all over the place. I think I am going to munch on some chicken in LOS and leave the bones laying around so I don't forget my station at dci.

I’m not sure where you’re seeing this “symmetry.” Percussion scores, as an example, have been all over the place this season. As has guard and brass! I don’t close enough attention to GE but I’m sure there’s plenty of variation there too. 

Take Crown as an example. They have been 1st in brass almost as many times as they have been 2nd or 3rd this season (I believe the count is 6 to 4 or something like that). On Sunday they had an ensemble tear and were placed 3rd in brass. Where’s the symmetry?!

I think it would help you to listen to some judging tapes on YouTube — there are many out there — to get an idea of the types of things judges make comments on during the course of a performance. Some judges will have differences in opinion but for the most part judges recognize the same flaws and same brilliant design decisions that other judges do. They’ve been trained to do so!

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

That we should just return to the orchestra pit  like back in the medieval days. 

You got it all wrong, they don’t want us here at all. Or at shows. Now play nice in the school circle or I’m sending you back to charm school. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think it would help you to listen to some judging tapes on YouTube — there are many out there

Thank You I will do that and will stop applying horse sense to something I know nothing about. But I too left LOS when Relentless lost and didn't not stay for encore which broke my streak of staying till the last note.

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Thank You I will do that and will stop applying horse sense to something I know nothing about. But I too left LOS when Relentless lost and didn't not stay for encore which broke my streak of staying till the last note.

dont feel bad most dont stay for encores anymore

All I know is that judges have zero objectivity. Was teaching a band in 2009 and a judge—big time, multiple DCI finals judge—paid us a visit and basically said that Blue Devils were the best at everything and he would never score certain other corps well because he didn’t like how they did drill.

3 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Hand this man some commas.  Three sentences, one comma.

Have any Culture Club songs been played by corps before?

commachameleon_fullpic_artwork.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Like the fake news comment where was everyone last year when Legends bought out the TV Tower during Sounds of Silence. Was grabbing for my tin foil hat till my wife said she threw it out, again????? Don't get me going on Sounds of Silence being banned after all the corps who played it last year. Mandarins, Legends, Fusion Corp & Bayou City Blues I was freaking out over that before I seen the fun Legends would have with it. Oh by the way the hiss is gone that I posted earlier about? Thinking this through now it was probably not the Russians but Simon & Garfunkel goofing on us for banning  their song why couldn't it have been Bridge Over Troubled Waters oh that would have been inappropriate this year as well, what's up with them guys? 

What about They Might Be Giants?