Denton, TX - July 19, 2018

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

90 then 03 then 15 - the Z pull that uncoiled and then coiled into a S pull (for drill guys Zingali to Sylvester)

Dwizzle:

Realize that beyond the full ensemble vulnerability to flow as one and maintain intervals and size of step, the horn line is extremely vulnerable end zone to end zone. Much more difficult than how it looks so simple on the vids. Unity personified.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

90 then 03 then 15 - the Z pull that uncoiled and then coiled into a S pull (for drill guys Zingali to Sylvester)

That was the Cadet's traditional "doing the usual thing in the most unusual way."  They wound into the Z-pull, then un-wound it both marching and musically.

Did you hear the audience reaction?  Goose bump time!

• Like 1

Just now, xandandl said:

Dwizzle:

Realize that beyond the full ensemble vulnerability to flow as one and maintain intervals and size of step, the horn line is extremely vulnerable end zone to end zone. Much more difficult than how it looks so simple on the vids. Unity personified.

which makes sense with the show this year. they aren't just using it as a "wow that's difficult" like they did in 15. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

That was the Cadet's traditional "doing the usual thing in the most unusual way."  They wound into the Z-pull, then un-wound it both marching and musically.

I was at the show they debuted that ending, I almost fell over

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I LIVED for crowd reactions. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

Great showing tonight from the Rosemont Cobras.

Kind of surprised this is the first mention in this thread of the Cobras.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I would advise you go if you're ok with the heat

In my experience these corps give the very best and relaxed hyped runs in these situations, be it rain or heat or delays 

drum corps mm always rise to the occasion

one of my greatest memories ever was 90 cadets at the old meadowlands stadium doing a run on a rain soaked field for the remaining fans. It was amazing. Same with Madison in the rain in 93. 

These kids will rock it. 

If they get rained on, they stop and call the show.  Can’t risk falling on wet tarps or short circuiting.  Happened half way through Phantom’s show in Dekalb.