Denton, TX - July 19, 2018

I wonder if this show will also start late.  The Belton shoe has already pushed an hour and the other thread says no unis or scores tonight.

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

For some people; not for others. 

tremendous home show of sorts for a number of the competing units. For instance I know Regiment and Cadets each have several UNT mms who call Denton home. Cavies have had connections here for several decades.

21 minutes ago, .dave. said:

Maybe even Cadets?  They are all very close.

While anything is possible and all bets can be off once corps face each other, I don’t think you’ll find Blue Knights topping Cadets. BK will most likely place higher than Phantom. Cavies/Crown could be an interesting contest, that is if they have the show. I’m not sure how close Denton is to Belton, but a few FB posts have said Belton is no uniform, exhibition only, with a later start time due to heat.

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

While anything is possible and all bets can be off once corps face each other, I don’t think you’ll find Blue Knights topping Cadets. BK will most likely place higher than Phantom. Cavies/Crown could be an interesting contest, that is if they have the show. I’m not sure how close Denton is to Belton, but a few FB posts have said Belton is no uniform, exhibition only, with a later start time due to heat.

What a bummer. These kids are always ready to compete.

41 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

it's just different shows. :)

Cadets have also had some great days of rehearsal. Like Heraclitus' river, one never steps in the same river twice. Things are moving forward. Go Cadets.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I’m not sure how close Denton is to Belton, but a few FB posts have said Belton is no uniform, exhibition only, with a later start time due to heat.

Belton is in the Hill Country of Texas, while Denton is in the DFW Metroplex.  They are 2 hours & 45 minutes (167 miles) apart.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Cadets have also had some great days of rehearsal. Like Heraclitus' river, one never steps in the same river twice. Things are moving forward. Go Cadets.

Heraclitus: that’s not a name that makes it to DCP threads very often. How deep and philosophical of you.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, momrod2000 said:

Belton is in the Hill Country of Texas, while Denton is in the DFW Metroplex.  They are 2 hours & 45 minutes (167 miles) apart.

The forecast for the DFW area is a few degrees hotter than Belton....

• Sad 1