Denton, TX - July 19, 2018

4 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Good point, though it's not 113 in late June. Start the season in Texas, then west and east corps head their respective ways afterward.

True, but the two corps based in the Hill Country were having Spring training in 100+ degree heat. Actual air temp, heat indexes were 105+

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

It would be cost prohibitive for corps to start in Texas, head back to their respective coasts, back to the middle, then all around the east. Point taken but just not feasible. I do think that as high temperatures continue to break historic records, it’s going to require some additional thought about how to continue drum corps shows in non-dome environments without sacrificing the safety and well-being of the marching members (and audience). 

That's the thing... It's not just the San Antonio dome show. There are umpteen shows in Texas leading up to this show. To me, it's just too extended of a period to be in such hot temps.

We were really blessed in Broken Arrow on Tuesday to have had an anomalous shower and bit of a cold front come through. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, momrod2000 said:

True, but the two corps based in the Hill Country were having Spring training in 100+ degree heat. Actual air temp, heat indexes were 105+

That's disgusting.

As I mentioned before, DCI (Drum Corps Iceland).

• Thanks 1

This current heat wave is a little hotter than what we usually see at this point in July, unfortunately. However, after sundown it’s okay so maybe they can just plan ahead next time for later starts. I also saw on Regiment’s FB page that they had a nap block yesterday afternoon. (We did that on occasion when I marched. Even a night rehearsal once too.)

25 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

DCI really needs to rethink the timing of the Texas tour in its summer plans.

Ah..December? There is no other choice. They  (DCI) have chosen to tour Texas in the middle of summer....end of story. Otherwise they can totally bypass TX.

Edited by afd

I’m seeing some predictions for central Texas hitting actual temps of 106-108 later in the week. (I don’t think SA is supposed to get quite that high, though.) Not fun on turf.

I thought that time of performance was based upon scores from last year (except for regionals and corps' home show).  So why are the Colts performing after Mandarins?

Or are all shows a lottery-within-groupings-of-three?

PLEASE don't take this as any kind of slam against The Colts or anyone else... just trying to understand performance order. 

Thanks!

Is anyone practicing at the stadium now? If so- know when they finish? Driving there now 

thanks 

9 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I thought that time of performance was based upon scores from last year (except for regionals and corps' home show).  So why are the Colts performing after Mandarins?

Or are all shows a lottery-within-groupings-of-three?

PLEASE don't take this as any kind of slam against The Colts or anyone else... just trying to understand performance order. 

Thanks!

All shows through tomorrow's TOC Texas show are based on drawings in groups of 3 of the final placements for each corps at the 2017 World Championships.

Once Saturday's scores are determined, all shows from July 23 through the end of the season (excluding Allentown and Championships) are based on the San Antonio scores, with each order again drawn in groups of 3.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Thanks 1