Denton, TX - July 19, 2018

Just read this from DCI. No scoring from both TX shows tonight. Academy has pulled out. No unis will be worn. Start times are pushed back. Excessive heatwave in Texas until 7pm Sunday according to the NWS.

https://www.dci.org/news/excessive-texas-heat-will-delay-start-of-belton-and-denton-events

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets fortunately have an indoor field at their rehearsal facility today. Huge. Wish all the corps did. 

Do you know where???

47 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I have to think there is a sufficient supply of smart thinking people associated with DCI admin and corps that they can figure out a better time to tour through Texas and the deep south to avoid heat like this and keep the thousands of touring corps folk safe.  How about the early part of tour (not mid July) go through Texas?  Is San Antonio going to dictate tour which brings it to Texas this time of year?  Maybe the tour premiere is in San Antonio.  Flip with Detroit.

I have lived South/Southeast of Houston my entire life (I won't say how many years that is, but I was alive when Carter was elected).  Heat indexes in Texas start exceeding 100 in May and continue into September or October.  While the second half of July thru the first half of August is our hottest time of year, in the past we have seen 100 degrees as early as the first week of June and as late as late September.

With DCI being a summer activity, there is no way to have Texas shows and not have a chance of 100 degree heat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This topic says “Hot!”  Kind of funny...   maybe just a little....

Turns I can't go tonight.  I have a ticket for sale.  PM me if you want it, it's in section CC Row 7 seat 31. $28. You will have to meet me somewhere near Dallas, Mesquite or Desoto to get it.

Edited by saxmania2477

1 hour ago, mfrontz said:

When is it cooler in Texas in summer?

Morning shows?

• Like 2

Kind of ironic that the "DCI North Texas Presented by Stanbury Uniforms" show will have no uniforms.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

how is this different than any other year.  I can see pushing the show back an hour or 2, but if this is the new standard, I find it hard to believe there will ever be any outdoor shows in the south during the summer moving forward.

1 minute ago, brians said:

how is this different than any other year.  I can see pushing the show back an hour or 2, but if this is the new standard, I find it hard to believe there will ever be any outdoor shows in the south during the summer moving forward.

maybe the electronics fizzle out???

• Haha 1