Belton, TX - July 19, 2018

7 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Somebody who was there can extrapolate the scores and post them here. They can take into account the variables that changed this contest, modify everything accordingly, and be unbiased.

Maybe I got it wrong but I did not read that the judges last nite were going to be " scoring " the Corps. I read that the judges would evaluate and ( what I read ) " provide feedback " with that evaluation. Besides, we've probably read on here ( and elsewhere ) the last few years that costuming/ attire is now a pretty big deal in the scores/ placements. I don't subscribe to that narrative.. or at the least, I believe the impact is way overstated. But those that do believe that the attire worn is a big deal in the scores, would be required by logic alone to disregard all of last night's scores from the 2 shows anyway, , even if all the Corps were scored , and the results made available.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I would assume that DCI Hq will be consistent and make the Katy show a non scored event too and allow all the performers to be safe and healthy and allowed to perform in street clothes there too. I looked at the weather for Katty and its supposed to have a heat index of 98-101, so thats really not that much different than Denton, Belton last evening ( 100-103  between 8pm-11 :30 pm)  there in Texas... even at the projected  9-11 pm time frame as well. Heat indexes at 100 or over are not to be trifled with, as we all know.

Each show should be (and I think is being) handled on a case by case basis.  

Just a quick comparison reveals that the the NWS has NOT issued an Excessive Heat Warning for Houston but that warning is still in effect for the Dallas area through Sunday!   

Edited by karuna

Very confused about what people find offensive about veins and arteries lol. 

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Reminds me of a place the gov't sent me a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Reminds me of a place the gov't sent me a long time ago.

I guess everyone has their own reason, you aren’t the first person to say they are uncomfortable with it 

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The arteries around Boston could make your veins explode. 'Not for the timid when you enter the roundabout rotary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Now I am officially intrigued.   

Well we had no coloring books or safe spaces just a m16. Picking up body parts from the bush to place in body bags is not something I don't need to be reminded of or thanked for.

Edited by Bluzes