Belton, TX - July 19, 2018

11 minutes ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

Official update regarding tonight's shows:

Great decision on part of dci, safety first nothing else madders. Wife and I lived this the last year they held San Antonio outside at Memorial Stadium she passed out in the stands had to jump a very long line at the concession stand and demand I purchased a water now it was not a problem and she was OK. If dci has any responsibly tonight is to make sure water is sold separately away from other lengthy food orders so it is truly accessible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Great decision on part of dci, safety first nothing else madders. Wife and I lived this the last year they held San Antonio outside at Memorial Stadium she passed out in the stands had to jump a very long line at the concession stand and demand I purchased a water now it was not a problem and she was OK. If dci has any responsibly tonight is to make sure water is sold separately away from other lengthy food orders so it is truly accessible.

Definitely.  Set up water stations. 

• Like 2

You actually may enjoy the show more if it’s not being scored.  Bring an exhibition allows them to cut loose a little bit.

57 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The scores are only a very tiny part of the show at the end a lot of people leave before they’re announced anyways. 

People cheer all the same during actual rehearsals, I doubt the lack of uniforms will result in anything different. In the end the audience is still getting corps performing their full length shows

Cadets visuals may not be as impactful unless they wear tees which have different colors front and back. (Yes, I know they are in Denton.) just saying...

The tour through Texas is likely to be just as hot in the years to come as it is today. Lived there a while back, everything is built from brick then they leave a 4 inch gap and build the inner walls to keep the heat out. Those bricks absorb the heat all day and collectively emanate heat well into the evening making it miserable around the clock. 

I know the corps need to monetize the trip to and from the Alamo Dome with shows. Those shows may need to move inside to gymnasiums from their inception or we can expect these issues every season and someone could really get hurt. Moving these shows back an hour is just a show of good faith and concern but will not do much for the MMs and judges still unsafe. Blast was a blast  and I am sure the talent level today would far exceed that. Sometimes big rock bands play acoustic shows in the smaller venues. Something to think about.  

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

I'm afraid that I don't understand this sentiment.

Surely, we all understand that there are costs associated with the presentation of this show, not the least of-which is the DCI contract of tens of thousands of dollars - costs that have to be paid by someone.  Should the presenting organization be stuck with those costs because a safety decision was made in the interests of the performers?

Seriously?

-john

Both of sponsors for tonight's shows (Stanbury and Flo Marching)  are  for profit corporations and they can write off  the costs as either a business expense or donation to a non profit. That is not the case with most sponsored DCI events.  Look at all of the good publicity they would get if they refunded ticket costs.

Edited by dcifanforlife
more info

25 minutes ago, xandandl said:

But aren't Crusaders' outfits perfect for this?  

If the corps wear what they wear at practice, can't be much less.

Boston actually has an informal black & white shirt/shorts ensemble they sometimes use for clinics, early season exhibitions etc.  I am not with them so I am not in that loop, but they might wear these.  It sounds like it is too hot for any clothes at this point...

• Like 2