Belton, TX - July 19, 2018

15 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

are  for profit corporations and they can write off  the costs as either a business expense or donation

They may even have show insurance but would need to cancel the show entirely to collect. Rather not go there and keep the focus on the safety of the folks involved. If it bothers someone so much that they feel they are getting ripped off try to sell your seats at the gate (or donate them to someone) or better yet stop buying in advance. That is what we do for outdoor shows did it Monday in Olathe was way to hot last year so we waited and purchased great seats on the 50 this year because it was cooler but was relieved money didn't force us to go and be uncomfortable.

When a show is rained out and a standstill moves indoors, those performances are generally done without guard or pit. These will be complete performances. If no refunds are given for a rainout partial-show standstill, there’s no way they’d be given for a full performance that’s just lacking a costume/uniform.  

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

But aren't Crusaders' outfits perfect for this?  

If the corps wear what they wear at practice, can't be much less.

Ah, you might want to look at some MM's practice/rehearsal clothing or lack of it.  Didn't some folks get offended because there was little worn from some corps?

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Boston actually has an informal black & white shirt/shorts ensemble they sometimes use for clinics, early season exhibitions etc.  I am not with them so I am not in that loop, but they might wear these.  It sounds like it is too hot for any clothes at this point...

No clothes would cause a problem Craiga.  LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

But not more important than safety, they are not gladiators that fight to the death. I certainty don't need the judges or uniforms. Have you been to a practice lately although free we had to sit on the 30 folks cheering like crazy. Is this the show on FLO tonight if so I will enjoy the heck out of it and won't be disappointed. Do people get their money back when Willie or Tom can't make it through their show, no. Read the fine print on the ticket.

My point was with the cost not the safety aspect.  On the Denton thread someone did comment that they would rather not go than pay the ticket price for non-uniformed non-judged show.

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

They all have summer uniforms that they wear for performances such as parades or family shows. Why would you expect free admission without uniforms on? Still a show. 

All corps have summer unis?  This is certain?  You know this?  I'm guessing they may not.  But I don't know that for sure any more than I would know if they do.  What corps MM's may have are similar clothing items that would work for the hot conditions.  Not necessarily rehearsal attire.  But some rehearsal clothing elements to give them a somewhat cohesive look.

Yes the fine print on the tickets state: "All sales are final. No refunds, exchanges, or rain checks will be given under any circumstances." 

Although this is a unique circumstance in which the shows are essentially turned into exhibitions, if you paid for a seat just go to the show and enjoy it! My only beef is being able to bring in our own water for the heat at least...but as one poster in the Denton thread stated, each venue has it's own policy on those kinds of things.