DCI.org: Delayed starts, no uniforms & no scores for both of tonight's Texas shows.

Just nit picking but if a venue doesn't allow patrons to BYOB (in this case water) don't they have to provide cups of water for free? Or does that vary state by state? 

Haha rehearsal attire.

The Academy has made the decision to pull out of tonight’s event in Denton and will not appear as part of the lineup. A number of corps members have come down with a stomach bug, and corps management is giving them time to rest and recover.

Bummer. It always seems like stomach bug stuff happens late in the season.

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar
I'll save my Texas bashing for another day.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Just nit picking but if a venue doesn't allow patrons to BYOB (in this case water) don't they have to provide cups of water for free? Or does that vary state by state? 

Haha rehearsal attire.

LOL. I thought the same thing. “Modified” should probably have been in there as well.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Haha rehearsal attire.

In this situation, I wish that the venue/organizations would allow fans to BYOB..the Denton show has outgrown the CH Collins Stadium, which is notorious for having long lines at concession stands which often results in fans being "gated" out of their seats when corps begin to perform. The worst part is the restrooms that also suffer from long lines causing fans to miss performances, and there is literally no A/C in there so it is very hot and humid.

There is simply not enough concession stands and restrooms for the amount of people at this event, I hope they don't run out of water for the scorcher today! 

6 minutes ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

In this situation, I wish that the venue/organizations would allow fans to BYOB..the Denton show has outgrown the CH Collins Stadium, which is notorious for having long lines at concession stands which often results in fans being "gated" out of their seats when corps begin to perform. The worst part is the restrooms that also suffer from long lines causing fans to miss performances, and there is literally no A/C in there so it is very hot and humid.

There is simply not enough concession stands and restrooms for the amount of people at this event, I hope they don't run out of water for the scorcher today! 

Considering the number of marching members and staff that come from UNT, it astounds me that the show isn't held at Apogee.

4 minutes ago, geluf said:

Considering the number of marching members and staff that come from UNT, it astounds me that the show isn't held at Apogee.

I completely agree. I've been attending this show for 10 years, and Apogee has been around since 2011. I heard some rumors about possibly relocating to UNT beginning next year, which I think would be great for the corps, the fans, the community, UNT (Athletics Department and College of Music in particular), and DCI! It can and should be marketed as a premiere event since TOC is in Houston area and Regional in San Antonio.

In fact, I was able to see SCV rehearse in Apogee last summer which was the first time for a corps to utilize the venue for rehearsal space, and it sounded absolutely fantastic!

I also forgot to mention that there are literally only two main roads (which ironically intersect) that lead to CH Collins, so it creates a massive traffic jam for fans and corps going to and leaving from the stadium and it's completely atrocious. Can't stick around for scores tonight since the show changed to exhibition, so might hang for the encore as traffic goes down.

48 minutes ago, year1buick said:

LOL. I thought the same thing. “Modified” should probably have been in there as well.

I know Cadets and a few corps have uniformed practice outfits (matching tee shirts, matching shorts, matching ball caps) which will probably be used. But Cadets show pivots visually on the difference of front and back unis...do they have a tee imitating the 2005, 2006 shows??? :lle: