DCI.org: Delayed starts, no uniforms & no scores for both of tonight's Texas shows.

2 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

It'll probably be black shorts and matching t-shirts for most corps. The same "uniforms" they use for their clinics.

Aka parade uniforms for some corps. For me it was shorts, golf shirt, baseball type cap and anklet socks.

Much better and much safer.....

Not scoring the shows is an unusual move--although a sensible one. When was the last time it was decided not to give scores due to environmental conditions?

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Not scoring the shows is an unusual move--although a sensible one. When was the last time it was decided not to give scores due to environmental conditions?

not sure, but your question evoked memories of the snow flake shows in Olympic Stadium in Montreal the morning corps did the echo/sound check the morning of Finals. Ah those were the days when corps didn't have to worry about being caught on the wrong side of "The Wall...of Ice."

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Heat is more dangerous for the elderly? :ninja:

18 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I imagine it's because they figure that costuming/uniforms have an impact on the visual effectiveness of a program?

• Like 1

Definitely a bummer, but DCI and the show organizers are making the right move. Hopefully the performers can have some fun tonight with no uniforms and no scores. This might actually lead to a fun and interesting evening for the fans, too.  Regardless of stadium policies on water, I do hope both shows provide free water near the exit and entrance points for those in need; or let fans bring their own water. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Why can't they just leave it as a scored show? I don't get it.

What's the point when visuals will be completely muddied up by the lack of uniforms? Some corps have elements of the uniform that contribute significantly to the show. The corps will still be getting constructive criticism from the judges which is what really matters anyways 

5 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Just nit picking but if a venue doesn't allow patrons to BYOB (in this case water) don't they have to provide cups of water for free? Or does that vary state by state? 

Haha rehearsal attire.

I know I thought the same thing when I read 'plenty of water for sale'...  you'd think they'd be giving it away in these dire circumstances.

• Like 1