DCI.org: Delayed starts, no uniforms & no scores for both of tonight's Texas shows.

1 hour ago, luv4corps said:

I'm wondering if the lack of being scored will take some pressure off... and just let them have fun out there and possibly discover something in the performance that wasn't there before... ? Dunno.  I am searching for something positive to say as I am dealing with the disappointment of no scores.  :(

It was definitely the right call.

There might be something there that wasn't there before?

14 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

There might be something there that wasn't there before?

Something within themselves...because the pressure is off... that is what I meant even if it didn't come across quite right.

3 hours ago, gbass598 said:

Granted I don't live in Texas but isn't it 110 in the Dallas area this time of year every year. I know it was this hot in '98.

People in charge aren’t so old school macho now

1 minute ago, dark-helmet said:

missed the GE of the uniform and I paid for it

I missed a ton of GE in Olathe because of the small stadium but don't think I deserve any money back.

Just got back to the hotel after the Denton show. Hate to say it but I wish I skipped it :( 

( and no I don’t want my money back lol)

Edited by GREENBLUE

7 hours ago, dark-helmet said:

I understand liability and safety, but refunds should be in order.  I missed the GE of the uniform and I paid for it.  I'm ok with safety, but it is proof that DCI does care about the performers who pay thousands of dollars to march. 

FIFY

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gbass598 said:

Granted I don't live in Texas but isn't it 110 in the Dallas area this time of year every year. I know it was this hot in '98.

No, actually.

Yesterday was a record high for the day, beating the previous record that was set in 1925.

http://keranews.org/post/108-its-hottest-july-19th-ever-north-texas-and-weekend-could-be-worse

Edited by ftwdrummer