DCI.org: Delayed starts, no uniforms & no scores for both of tonight's Texas shows.

Denton in July

Average Low: 74

Average High: 95

Record High: 113 (recorded in 1954)

Denton Yesterday

Actual Low: 81

Actual High: 109

14 hours ago, luv4corps said:

Something within themselves...because the pressure is off... that is what I meant even if it didn't come across quite right.

Someone didn't get my reference.:laughing:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

People in charge aren’t so old school macho now

Where's Fran and BigW so we can talk about doing a show in a monsoon at Brick NJ in 1979. Temporary lights set on the ground were swaying so bad one of the bulbs fell out. Missed Mark Plotz by a couple of feet while he was directing and he never saw it coming. Should have been cancelled instead of turned into an exhibition 

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Where's Fran and BigW so we can talk about doing a show in a monsoon at Brick NJ in 1979. Temporary lights set on the ground were swaying so bad one of the bulbs fell out. Missed Mark Plotz by a couple of feet while he was directing and he never saw it coming. Should have been cancelled instead of turned into an exhibition 

psst...they are banished to the DCA thread...but don't say I told you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

psst...they are banished to the DCA thread...but don't say I told you.

Hey I never said the initials of that "other" circuit lol...

Monsoon and having to wear glasses not a good match either.

3 hours ago, Rileydog said:

FIFY

I guess all the corps stayed inside for rehearsal during the maximum heat, before the time of the show.

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

People in charge aren’t so old school macho now

So honest question, is there a line where old school macho turns into overprotective mommy?

I only say that because I live in an area where districts cancel school because of single digit temperatures while schools in Vermont scoff at those temperatures and still go to school.

We know Texas is hot in July and this is not the first time it’s been 100+ for the North Texas shows. I would just like to suggest if the Texas heat is too much for July perhaps the schedule needs to be adjusted and have those shows in late June to start the season for everyone’s safety and comfort.

2 hours ago, bullethead said:

I guess all the corps stayed inside for rehearsal during the maximum heat, before the time of the show.

They don’t wear their uniforms to rehearsals. 

6 minutes ago, Rileydog said:

They don’t wear their uniforms to rehearsals. 

Thanks for the tip! Had no idea!!!!!

18 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

So honest question, is there a line where old school macho turns into overprotective mommy?

I only say that because I live in an area where districts cancel school because of single digit temperatures while schools in Vermont scoff at those temperatures and still go to school.

We know Texas is hot in July and this is not the first time it’s been 100+ for the North Texas shows. I would just like to suggest if the Texas heat is too much for July perhaps the schedule needs to be adjusted and have those shows in late June to start the season for everyone’s safety and comfort.

I can see where you are coming from on this.  At what point is it over protective versus dangerous. I can only say this, I grew up in Texas my whole life.  Worked on a farm growing up and hauled hay in June-August on many hot days (picture picking up over 1000 80 pound bales of hay, placing it on a trailer, sometimes up to 6 feet high, and then unloading the hay in a hot barn).  These temperatures of over 100 degrees are another matter though.  I think that precaution is warranted here, but maybe moving the dates as well.

• Like 1