Glenns Falls NY

First show in a long while for these Open Class Corps. Shame there are only 4 corps in the first couple of shows.
Exactly how much are the sponsors paying to host such a small show?

Line up for tomorrow night and on Sunday in Groversville NY. In Groversville there is an intermission between 7th and Spartans.

7:00
Welcome & National Anthem
7:10
Raiders - Burlington, NJ
7:31
7th Regiment - New London, CT
7:52
Spartans - Nashua, NH
8:13
Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
8:34
Scores Announced

Tomorrow in

16 minutes ago, OldBones said:

First show in a long while for these Open Class Corps. Shame there are only 4 corps in the first couple of shows.
Exactly how much are the sponsors paying to host such a small show?

Line up for tomorrow night and on Sunday in Groversville NY. In Groversville there is an intermission between 7th and Spartans.

7:00
Welcome & National Anth isem
7:10
Raiders - Burlington, NJ
7:31
7th Regiment - New London, CT
7:52
Spartans - Nashua, NH
8:13
Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
8:34
Scores Announced

Tomorrow in

If using GPS, please be advised that the OP has misspelled both town names. Glen Falls only has one "n" and the other town is Gloversville where, yes, they did make gloves BITD.

The baseball stadium field so often used for DCI has two special notes:  down the block is one of the best ice cream stores on the DCI tours if mms lining up to buy is any indication.

This show is where the deep problems of Teal Sound became public including Dan Acheson flying in to make certain the mms had food, transportation, and their belongings.

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

The baseball stadium field so often used for DCI has two special notes:  down the block is one of the best ice cream stores on the DCI tours if mms lining up to buy is any indication.

The whole region around glens falls is spectacular to visit from Lake George down to Saratoga Springs. Hotel rooms are typically at a super premium price this time of year.

19 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

The whole region around glens falls is spectacular to visit from Lake George down to Saratoga Springs. Hotel rooms are typically at a super premium price this time of year.

there is never a cheap time there in my experience. After summer come the leaf peepers, then the skiers, then the graduation crowd for the small colleges about, then the drum corps crowd...

But I agree, a most beautiful spot of the Empire State.

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

This show is where the deep problems of Teal Sound became public including Dan Acheson flying in to make certain the mms had food, transportation, and their belongings.

The ice cream part is true... was one of my most anticipated moments on tour when I marched.

I was also there that night in 2012 when Teal essentially folded the first time. A lot of us actually bought two ice creams to bring one to the members to calm them while everybody was freaking out. Certainly was one of the most surreal show atmospheres I had ever experienced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

The ice cream part is true... was one of my most anticipated moments on tour when I marched.

I was also there that night in 2012 when Teal essentially folded the first time. A lot of us actually bought two ice creams to bring one to the members to calm them while everybody was freaking out. Certainly was one of the most surreal show atmospheres I had ever experienced.

I was there as well and had to put on my counsellor hat. Tough night. Didn't get my ice cream  either. 

• Thanks 2

Very curious to see how Legends and Spartans match up. Non head-to-head scores suggest Legends have slipped a little and Spartans may be surging this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Very curious to see how Legends and Spartans match up. Non head-to-head scores suggest Legends have slipped a little and Spartans may be surging this year.

Yes, interested in that also. I havent seen Legends yet. I saw 7th and Spartans at the same times last year and this year (beginning of July). 7th is bigger and was a little better. Spartans was bigger and a LOT better. Impressively so. 

Edited by kkrepps
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 4:59 PM, kkrepps said:

Yes, interested in that also. I havent seen Legends yet. I saw 7th and Spartans at the same times last year and this year (beginning of July). 7th is bigger and was a little better. Spartans was bigger and a LOT better. Impressively so. 

Like you, I have not seen Legends this year, and I believe we were at the same shows earlier this season. I’ve never seen Spartans as ready so early in the season as they were in the early shows this year and I would expect to see them in first tonight. Regarding 7th Regiment , they seem younger this year, but they have a certain confidence and if the past few weeks have been productive, they could be a surprise, which has happened in the past. As I said I have yet to see Legends and same holds true for Raiders. I do hope Raiders have picked where the left off last year. I saw them at about this time last year and thought they had a good show that was a bit more ambitious than previous years. When I saw them in prelims, I was impressed with how much they had cleaned and added to the show. 

I hope the venue for this show works. Usually on the same night as San Antonio, an OC show was held in Manchester, NH. Last year it was moved to Everett, MA as part of a city celebration. Originally it was scheduled for Castleton, VT. I always enjoyed the show in Manchester, but the audience tended to be small, though 7th Regiment and Spartans parents loved it and found it convenient.

I've seen Legends twice on Flo. It's a solid Open Class show that will easily make O.C. Finals, but thus far it seems a bit less together than the previous three years.

Anyway, looks like the weather will hold off.