Not looking good for any DCA show this week end

It's wet and getting wetter. 

Show's cancelled as of ten minutes ago.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Everyone will have to wait until next week.  Same show just add Cincinnati  to the mix.

• Thanks 1

It was very wet, but the field is turf, "mess" would be unfair to the facility. Wet as all get out, yes.

I wish they would have made a decision like  they did with Columbus and cancelled early. A 200 mile 4 hour round trip drive in this weather was not easy, and there were people from Lindenhurst that I met that also made the trip down, which is even farther.

I do feel bad for the host, very bad, they were ready to go as well for all of the corps, who I know wanted to compete, but also wanted to do it safely and without ruining equipment.

• Like 2

Well no with the forecast being what it was,Big W your right .Long bus ride back home and no scores SUCKS .

1 hour ago, BigW said:

It was very wet, but the field is turf, "mess" would be unfair to the facility. Wet as all get out, yes.

I wish they would have made a decision like  they did with Columbus and cancelled early. A 200 mile 4 hour round trip drive in this weather was not easy, and there were people from Lindenhurst that I met that also made the trip down, which is even farther.

I do feel bad for the host, very bad, they were ready to go as well for all of the corps, who I know wanted to compete, but also wanted to do it safely and without ruining equipment.

Just now, Florida Sun said:

Well no with the forecast being what it was,Big W your right .Long bus ride back home and no scores SUCKS .

Yes- but with the way shows are designed, all the electronics on field and the physicality of the drill makes for serious safety issues. Rather see no scores than anyone getting hurt for a number.

• Like 2

Let's hope for much better weather Saturday in Peckville, PA.

These corps can't afford to have two straight weekends of no scores.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BigW said:

I wish they would have made a decision like  they did with Columbus and cancelled early.

Funny thing about the Columbus show is it looks like they could have pulled that one last night. Best laid plans and all that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BigW said:

380 mile round trip for me, $225 for a hotel room last night, five and a half hours for the 168 miles from lunch in Phillipsburg today to home. Big mess of suck. I STILL feel the right decision was made last night :unhappy:.

And seeing the source of the first "like" on this post, it was all worth it just to exchange this week's hello with kamaraq and his lovely bride :biggrin: .

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Let's hope for much better weather Saturday in Peckville, PA.

These corps can't afford to have two straight weekends of no scores.

Second that as will be on the web and just shelled out the bucks for the feed.... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Big mess of suck. I STILL feel the right decision was made last night

Absolutely. If the staffs from every corps' consensus is too unsafe, it's too unsafe. I've told parents of some HS outfits their kids aren't gladiators and really honked them off telling them that when the conditions get dangerous. Do I feel bad about it? Nope. :satisfied:

• Like 2