the REAL ending

3 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

You have a point. I guess I was more disappointed in the uni change to black, the poor theme for such an awesome music ensemble, and the z-pull didn't work as well to me. I thought the ending they had at Southwest Regional was the ending they should stayed with. I really thought that was the show to win that year but certain people found a way to wreck it. But in general I think you're right, the ending was still pretty awesome. 

I agree about the black. It really did ruin it for me. I think the z-pull just looked a lot cleaner and more thoughtful instead of rushing the front in little groups, but either way the ending was great. Really wanted that show to win it all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Although I always enjoy the endings that change, you would think somewhere along the line a corps would hold back a big BEGINNING for the stretch run.  That would be pretty cool.

How awesome would it be if a corps had a quiet opener all the way until Indy where they decide to startle the audience with a big power chord? :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I agree about the black. It really did ruin it for me. I think the z-pull just looked a lot cleaner and more thoughtful instead of rushing the front in little groups, but either way the ending was great. Really wanted that show to win it all.

One of the cooler things that DCI has done in the Prelims cinema screening when they showed video of Cadets in their regular uniforms and in black performing the same 30 seconds of that show.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

One of the cooler things that DCI has done in the Prelims cinema screening when they showed video of Cadets in their regular uniforms and in black performing the same 30 seconds of that show.

I have never been to the prelims theater event, so I didn't see that. Sounds cool though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I have never been to the prelims theater event, so I didn't see that. Sounds cool though. 

I can't remember if they showed the clips back to back or side by side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I like that Boston extended their ending instead of changing it completely. 

I have no inside information at all. Last night not being scored do you think running to the ocean was for that show because of the heat? They go back to Found tomorrow. I think it fits either way and will cheer them on whatever they do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 84BDsop said:

I doubt there's any sort of rule on that.   If there was, we would've seen it after 82 SCV.

Man, what a train wreck that was; I witnessed it live. That episode really “colored the landscape” for GR, and their longtime DM (by 2018 standards) became a persona non grata after that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1