Thank You

I have requested that my name be removed from the Genesis Website.

While I respect the efforts of the members, and was so happy to have met and worked with so many of them, much of the current production no longer reflects the creative process I was involved in during the winter.  That is neither praise nor condemnation.  

I merely prefer not to take credit for something that isn't mine.

I wish all the members of Genesis a safe and successful remainder of the season!  You are truly wonderful people and musicians - make the most of your remaining weeks!  

Sincerely, 

Chuck Naffier

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Has the content of Genesis's show changed significantly since June?

(If not, I'm surprised the request was only recently made.)

Also I'm wondering about why this wasn't just handled behind the scenes: what would lead to a public statement like this? Were lots of people here saying how wonderful or terrible this show was and crediting or blaming Mr. Naffier?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Has the content of Genesis's show changed significantly since June?

(If not, I'm surprised the request was only recently made.)

Also I'm wondering about why this wasn't just handled behind the scenes: what would lead to a public statement like this? Were lots of people here saying how wonderful or terrible this show was and crediting or blaming Mr. Naffier?

I have to agree...just a bit odd that a public announcement on DCP was made here...names just get silently dropped off websites...not usually announcements for departures...but I don't blame him for not wanting to take credit for others works...

7 hours ago, arrangerX said:

I have requested that my name be removed from the Genesis Website.

While I respect the efforts of the members, and was so happy to have met and worked with so many of them, much of the current production no longer reflects the creative process I was involved in during the winter.  That is neither praise nor condemnation.  

I merely prefer not to take credit for something that isn't mine.

I wish all the members of Genesis a safe and successful remainder of the season!  You are truly wonderful people and musicians - make the most of your remaining weeks!  

Sincerely, 

Chuck Naffier

those don't sound like your arrangements to me at all, so this is very interesting to me

for people wondering what mr. naffier can do with that style of music, check out his rendition of summertime for the 93 colts

Edited by Lance