Stagehands or Performers?

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

and I almost posted something similar last night

has anyone taken a stop watch to the hornline at SCV? I can't imagine the tuba line plays much more than 5 or 6 minutes - other sections?

Excellent analysis. It’s not much. Not to mention that for the majority of the production they have shortened the field to between the 35 yard lines and nothing beyond the back hash line. I’m almost to the point of suggesting we move it all to the gym floor, including the gymnastics. :whistle:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I look forward to the day when a corps totally sets a new trend and doesn’t use any props at all.  

There are a few WC corps trying to do this and paying a heavy price for the attempt (Music City and Genesis).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

There are a few WC corps trying to do this and paying a heavy price for the attempt (Music City and Genesis).

Tbh, Cadets and Crown could get rid of their props and it wouldn’t make much difference to their shows. 

Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 2

Solution:

1) Motorized props.

2) Holograms.

3) Utilize professional illusionists to create diversions for the audience.

4) Have a "Stagehands of the Day" promotion, in which select audience members become prop handlers for the evening.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Excellent analysis. It’s not much. Not to mention that for the majority of the production they have shortened the field to between the 35 yard lines and nothing beyond the back hash line. I’m almost to the point of suggesting we move it all to the gym floor, including the gymnastics. :whistle:

which is exactly what Gaines has become used to with his Japanese units.

3 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

You think that's a far off thought? At least arena type shows.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Might be the future, I agree. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

This is what irks me the most. Might as well just borrow some of Bloo's chairs and have a concert 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Then corps could add projection rigs and light shows. Load in and load out before and after the show!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, karuna said:

Yeah it would violate all kinds of union rules for actors to be stagehands.  Furthermore actors who are on stage don’t break character to move a flat. 

Maybe they are including amateur performances like high school/college, considering it is a youth activity. This is common to the performances I've seen and been in. All hands on deck!