What works and what doesn’t work

I sincerely enjoyed watching the San Antonio webcast last night, and I watched every single performance. I am ecstatic about this year of drum corps! Congratulations to all of the corps and their members/staff.

As we watch the shows throughout the season, we each have a list of what we like (“what works”) and what we don’t like (“what doesn’t work”) from each corps/show. Seeing everyone back-to-back last night it was interesting to see this with each show.

So as we approach our next two regionals and then championships in Indy, I’m curious as to what is on YOUR list of what works/what doesn’t work, and why?

This isn’t meant to be a corps/show-bashing thread.... keep things respectful! (Or at least as respectful as we can be in DCP...)

• Like 3

I know that this is probably going to be a pretty unpopular opinion, but after watching the hi-cam vodeo of crown from last night a couple times, I think that those props are fine where they are at and set the stage really well, in fact. I know, they aren't used at all during the show, but sometimes its ok to have something there and not use it. Think of a play, there are often props through-out the program that are never used but yet are a key part in setting the scene and mood during the play. The same goes for drum corps. Just think about it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I think that those props are fine where they are at and set the stage really well

Maybe if they resembled bones, their base is to large and tops curved like Hersey Kisses, they have an effect though they give me the munchies. One more thing and it may sound like a beer commercial. 

I don't frequent museums' that often but when I do I prefer my dinosaurs bones to appear more yellowish in color.  

Edited by Bluzes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Maybe if they resembled bones, their base is to large and tops curved like Hersey Kisses, they have an effect though they give me the munchies. One more thing and it may sound like a beer commercial. 

I don't frequent museums' that often but when I do I prefer my dinosaurs bones to appear more yellowish in color.  

You have a good point, but at least it's something. And who knows, maybe they will end up painting them before finals.

1 minute ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

You have a good point, but at least it's something. And who knows, maybe they will end up painting them before finals.

Yeah, but didn't the designer say they were teeth and horns.  Maybe they migrated to being bones.  Who knows?  I think they are just things to take up space so they don't have to march in those sections of the field.  A football field is just too large.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

It's all good I don't have a serious bone in my body nothing I say about anything should be taken serious, like it that way.

23 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

A football field is just too large.

Disagree with that, the best visual programs use up that space well imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

The best visual programs use up that space well imo

Absolutely, the little I understand about judging I do notice field coverage differences. DCA has had their finals on a soccer field up till this year. Two years ago Cadets 2 used the circles on the field as part of their show. Aren't soccer fields a little larger than a football field? Even with the smaller foot print of DCA corps the field didn't seem to big.