The State of Drum Corps

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Back in the day it wasn’t a competition if at least one person didn’t pass out have have to go to the hospital.

The reason I alluded to drinking as the culprit is it was mainly the Seniors, they would drop like flies 3 or 4 could go down, DCA has changed most MMs aren't old enough to drink. Tomorrow is  DCA Peckville the old site Memorial Stadium in Scranton. Had three bars facing the crowd. Usually filled with Sky, Bucs, Sun, Cabs & Hurks or whoever in uniform prior to the show. Always great performances DCA loves Scranton but to the best of my knowledge the Scranton-Wilkes Berry area has never hosted a dci show?

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Even cadence was on the sheets. 

Forgot Pre-Prelims Inspections would be lined up 3 corps prior to performance faults counted as ticks.

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Fun. Not!  Lol  

Right Not, I Swear -  Jim's there!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s going to Pennsylvania right now with Cincinnati Tradition.  

Hope we see him setting up on the stream tomorrow!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

The reason I alluded to drinking as the culprit is it was mainly the Seniors, they would drop like flies 3 or 4 could go down, DCA has changed most MMs aren't old enough to drink. Tomorrow is  DCA Peckville the old site Memorial Stadium in Scranton. Had three bars facing the crowd. Usually filled with Sky, Bucs, Sun, Cabs & Hurks or whoever in uniform prior to the show. Always great performances DCA loves Scranton but to the best of my knowledge the Scranton-Wilkes Berry area has never hosted a dci show?

There were a couple of what would now be known as professional DCA flop artists BITD. You'd take one look at the sky, feel the temp, and you know when you marched off you just knew they weren't coming off with you and that the EMT crew needed space to run to wherever they went down at.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 12:57 PM, MikeN said:

I know I'm biased, but if you're (the general "you") ignoring Open Class, you're missing out on some *great* corps and performances

and there is a razor thin margin amongst several corps this year for the ultimate prize ...the coveted bronze medal.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BigW said:

There were a couple of what would now be known as professional DCA flop artists BITD. You'd take one look at the sky, feel the temp, and you know when you marched off you just knew they weren't coming off with you and that the EMT crew needed space to run to wherever they went down at.

guilty as charged!!!

• Haha 1