Please be self aware waking thru the concorse at LOS this year.

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

You don't want me becomming a human steamroller, again. Last year a young man who must of thought he Tronned himsel into his smamart phone just stopped dead right in front of me, ran him right over unintentionally. Helped him back up, we were both upset but all was OK. I am hearing that pulling a Tron into the digital realm is still a few years out.

Odd that after 200 Greatful Dead shows with over 100k messed up hippies in pretty confimed spaces. We never crashed into each other. Go to a concert today there is no anticipated bobbing & weaving nothing is made easier in the plysical world just total self absortion into ones false reality, sad.

So you're saying I should stop in the middle of the walkway just to introduce myself to a fellow DCP'er?  LOL!

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thought this was going to be an alert about pickpockets or something. No not kidding 

My son had his bad of souvees stolen literally from right under the seat he was sitting.  Lesson learned - wrap it around your ankle or something!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

How would you know?

Uh.........you gonna eat that brownie?

For one I couldn't partake because my company was intrigued with my bodily fluids. Now that I can I'm afraid that the trip would be about me standing there and the petrified forest grew all around and I couldn't escape. Like being looked inside the digital realm people turning to stationary objects  locking me in there forever. Scary where you imaginations wonders. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I'm jealous you've seen 200 Dead shows.

Oh Well we still have Dead & Company with John Mayer filling in for Jerry. Technically very  proficient but the sweetness of Jerry's guitar will never be matched. I follow them on nugs.net where all shows are streamed live with the first 21 minutes of the show free. Being on a fixed income I just watch the free part which is usually just the first song . Then the next day the show shows up free on YT (how do groups even survive). Then for those with a ticket stub it's stored on the cloud just scan the bar code and there's the whole show again. Just a case in point the Dead were the first rock group to utilize line array speakers. Having access to sound checks (avid taper friends w/ their sound board crew) they had fun bouncing sounds around the arena. Odd that their music was free sometimes with patches directly into the soundboard but you could pick it out of the air as well. They kept journals of dynamic range capabilities at each venue with level adjustments and speaker locations that other top named groups purchased. So the music was free but how it got there would cost you. A big hoorah for the Corps sound crews those line arrays take some tweaking but they pull it off proficiently in less than 17 minutes. What A Long Strange Trip It's Been Corps using Line Arrays. Run 36 or so G Valve horns through a 70's style speaker and it would shred them apart from afar. If only those line arrays would do that we could get back to normal???????

• Like 1

Little-known Grateful Dead fact:

Mickey Hart's parents both played in drum corps, which got him interested in drumming.

His dad, Lenny Hart, was a national champion snare (1939 World's Fair), and mom played tenor. There's a photo of Mickey in his high school drum line uniform in his book, Drumming on the Edge of Magic.

Books are better sources of information than I-Phones, and you usually don't get run over from behind while using them.

10 minutes ago, ironlips said:

Little-known Grateful Dead fact:

Thanks how enlightening I didn't know that. He's back in Dead & Company

15 hours ago, pistolpete said:

If I was ever convicted of a crime there would be no crueler punishment than to be forced to attend a Dreadful Grapes concert...

Hey don't knock the Grapes too bad, they have some real accomplishments:

"The Grapes were the only band to play all seven of the Great Atlanta Pot Festivals, including the 1992 show at Piedmont Park with The Black Crowes. With 60,000 attending, that show stands as the largest hemp rally to date. " :laugh:

15 hours ago, pistolpete said:

If I was ever convicted of a crime there would be no crueler punishment than to be forced to attend a Dreadful Grapes concert...

Well it's a good thing you stayed clean, your nightmare would have been fulfilled they played a ton of prison shows. Also would see the Grapes play at The  Wetlands Preserve on Hudson St NYC closed right after 911 was directly behind the buildings.

4 hours ago, Bluzes said:

For one I couldn't partake because my company was intrigued with my bodily fluids. Now that I can I'm afraid that the trip would be about me standing there and the petrified forest grew all around and I couldn't escape. Like being looked inside the digital realm people turning to stationary objects  locking me in there forever. Scary where you imaginations wonders. 

tumblr_o8ci50R5Ag1s3nyb0o1_500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2