DCI Eastern Classic – Friday, August 3, 2018

“Up Next: Taking the Field (or not) post show”

22 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I hope this brings discussion of a one day event... If some corps get rained out they all should or find a dome for this regional.  We moved finals and almost every regional to a dome so this doesnt happen.

Ahhhh but this isnt a regional 

Just now, KVG_DC said:

"not that wet" ?  Did you see the closeups when Mandarins were playing stand still?  It was pouring on them.

Go back and check out a video of the Glassmen performance at a past Allentown show. It’s way back on this but it’s really amazing. 

4 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Too bad they couldn't tack on the corps who didn't get on the field tonight to tomorrow night's show.

Maybe this is just me being stupid about these things, but why couldn't they? I mean, it's not like the corps who couldn't perform tonight have another show tomorrow night, right? Isn't Allentown the only one for World Class this weekend? Surely they could start a little earlier, go a little later, skip intermissions, or do something to accommodate those few remaining corps from tonight!

1 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

22 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I hope this brings discussion of a one day event... If some corps get rained out they all should or find a dome for this regional.  We moved finals and almost every regional to a dome so this doesnt happen.

Ahhhh but this isnt a regional 

Oh it’s a regional!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MingoLeger said:

Maybe this is just me being stupid about these things, but why couldn't they? I mean, it's not like the corps who couldn't perform tonight have another show tomorrow night, right? Isn't Allentown the only one for World Class this weekend? Surely they could start a little earlier, go a little later, skip intermissions, or do something to accommodate those few remaining corps from tonight!

Probably would cause last minute housing issues as many of the corps may not be staying in the Allentown area tonight.

• Like 6

Of course, the rainout has to be the night of the top 3 corps. Bummer. Vanguard will have tomorrow, Sunday and Monday to get ready for the Massillon show Monday night, then Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday, before the Prelims Thurs. night.

Bluecoats only have tomorrow then show Sunday and Monday. After that, same as Vanguard. So off the Buffalo for the Bloo and BD. Speaking of BD, one more show Sunday and will have Mon-Thurs to get ready.

6 HOURS+ ride to Buffalo vs 6-7 to Massillon for SCV, at least its on the way to Indy. Bloo and BD go north and then back. 

14 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Haven't they tried a show there? Also think it is also the start of football practice for SU. Too bad the Giants/Jets opted NOT to put the dome on the newish Met Life. That would have been PERFECT.

I'm from New York and played in the Carrier Dome for NYSFBC Championships for 5 straight years.

It. Sucks.

Terrible acoustics (WAY worse than the other domes DCI uses). Subpar lighting that makes all the bands look overexposed. Not to mention, they hold warmups at a parking lot known as "Skytop," which is so far away from the stadium that you have to be bussed to and from there. FWIW, they are getting a new roof in a couple of years, but even that won't help much.

Still wouldn't mind East being moved to MetLife Stadium because then they'd be able to put all 24 corps together in 1 night as opposed to having to split it across 2 nights. Weather be ######, they've held World Championships outdoors until 2009 and most years had little or no weather problems. Same for Open Class Championships nowadays.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Thanks 1